Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 refusing to unlock my mobile

Options
  • 21-02-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Just before the new year, I decided to switch network provider from O2 to Meteor as most of my friends are on Meteor and I want to avail of the free Meteor to Meteor text messages. I went to the Meteor shop and was told my phone was locked to the O2 network and I would have to get it unlocked first. No problem, I thought. Gave O2 a call to ask to get my phone unlocked. The fact I've been with them donkey's years and also the fact that I paid the full €200 made me think there shouldn't be a problem. Was told that they would have to contact Sony Ericsson about the code as they couldn't get one. Model is k750i, BTW. Anyway, long story short, I'm still with O2. I have been on to Sony Ericcson who said it is o2 who HAVE TO unlock my phone. O2 are saying they are unable to get an unlock code for this model of phone, despite them selling it to me.
    I'm almost certain it is completely illegal for them to force me to stay with them and not let me change to another network. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do next or who I should contact as I'm getting rather pi$$ed off now. I was due a call back from a supervisor in O2 yesterday but never got it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

your thread title needs to be edited. O2 should be able to unlock for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Having worked for them in the past, I can tell you that this is simply an unfortunate experience that they have no control over. They will need to contact Sony ericsson for the code. Some phone companies were notoriously slow to reply to these requests. Worst I've ever seen was a wait of nearly 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Thread title fixed, Davey M. DarkJager, I dont think this is really acceptable at all. Sony Ericsson have told me I was misinformed by O2 and that it is O2 who generate the code. Is it a case of O2 selling me a rather expensive phone which I have paid full whack for and them not having the ability to unlock it from their own network?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭marclt

highdef wrote:
    Thread title fixed, Davey M. DarkJager, I dont think this is really acceptable at all. Sony Ericsson have told me I was misinformed by O2 and that it is O2 who generate the code. Is it a case of O2 selling me a rather expensive phone which I have paid full whack for and them not having the ability to unlock it from their own network?

You could do it yourself. There are websites offering the unlock codes for free.... If I find the site I've used before I'll post the info...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

marclt wrote:
    You could do it yourself. There are websites offering the unlock codes for free.... If I find the site I've used before I'll post the info...
    not for sonys, only nokias.

@ OP, they can unlock it for you. phone up again and if the person says you can't have the code, phone again and so on. eventually you'll get someone who isn't an idiot. failing that, there's loads of shops that will do it for €20

i think there's a place on moore street in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Got a voicemail from a supervisor while I was out saying the code was now available. Rang them back today but girl that answered said that there was nothing in my account to this affect. I told her the supervisor's name who rang me. She said whe'll get her to me back with the code - Oh please let it be true!!!

Advertisement