Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

All looks good but that Zalman fan has a switch that needs to be installed and it can be a pain to mount it somewhere accessable so that you dont have to rip the covers off the case to adjust it , I replaced it with this one ,just as quiet , the same size and no switch needed !!

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=314208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Thanks man,

It looks pretty sweet, hopefully it'll go on without any worrys. plus im saving myself s few quid.

Any other ideas???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Everything looks fine though don't bother with Vista 64-bit too early to adopt and will only net you hassle better off with 32-bit version until there is a more sizeable user base & drivers mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I second what 8t8 says

Lads, can you tell me the main difference between the 64 bit and the 32 bit versions of vista, i know the 64 bit version supports more ram and has some added security features, is that all though?

Will all the current games run on a 64 bit install of Vista?

Not too bothered about hardware drivers at the moment as ill be buying everything from scratch?

Cheers

• Advertisement

i know the 64 bit version supports more ram and has some added security features, is that all though?

Pretty much that and it wont use non-WHQL drivers unless you boot into a mode that allows unsigned drivers.

64-bit wont offer any performance increases over 32-bit that makes the accompanying hassle it brings worth it. Games will be definitely be a mix bag in terms of compatibility just like XP 64-bit.

If you want to be an early adopter and have to deal with more problems then go the 64-bit route but other wise stay with 32-bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If your looking to save money id go with dabs.ie!

Im getting the same kinda pc for 100 less

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Whats the delivery time with dabs (assuming around the same as Komplett?)

Do they ship with next day delivery?

Dabs tend to be about the same as Komplett with AnPost or GLS as the delivery. (AnPost is the default courier with Dabs now)

Fastest delivery is DHL through Komplett but you pay extra for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I havn't ordered from dabs yet but I have from komplett I ordered a monitor the other day on a Saturday I think it was it arrived the next Thursday 5 days isn't bad!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,089 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

current titles definitely have issues running on vista: most not at all :(

but if you look at some of the games being made for Vista framework: they are unbeleivable.

Advertisement