Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help us choose a dog

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

thats fair enough peasant but in fairness they did mention those problems and more like how they shouldnt be allowed to climb stairs bec theyre too heavy and how they can howl if left alone for long periods, are generally not easy to train (esp housetrain) and will most likely stray if left off a lead due to being a scent hound. I read up on a few breeds before we got a dog, more out of interest bec i knew id get a boxer, our last guy was just too lovely, and all books i read gave the pros and cons both medically and emotionally so to speak of the dogs. Dont get me wrong i like mongrels too and certainly wouldnt be adverse to owning one but was more biased towards the breed that i got due to previous ownership and while you cant rely on breed alone to determine what your dog will be like, in my own experience ive found it to be a good guideline. The op asked for a breed suggestion and I gave one, but by all means mongrels make great pets too!

Advertisement