Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dam Network Problems - Please Help!

Options
  • 21-02-2007 10:03pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In my hosue we have 2 desktop PC's and 2 Laptops. All running XP Home except one of the laptops which has XP Pro. We had a network going successfully for months, but then it stopped working. So we decided to wipe all the settings and start again. We used the Network Setup Wizard on the main desktop and used a USB key to set up the other PC's. All 3 other computers are on the network and can see eachother and swap files, but my desktop will not.

I can see myself on the workgroup and can access my own files, but I cannot see any other computers. The other PC's can see me on the network but cannot get access to my computer/files.

We cannot understand why this is, can anyone suggest what I can do to to fix it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

post the results of

ipconfig /all

from all pcs.

Also do you have a firewall?

more info the better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd put my money on a firewall

Advertisement