Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playasia.com == Play.com [Asia]?

Options
  • 21-02-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Something my brother in law asked me this evening as I was showing him the delights of cheap DS games on playasia.com. He's heard of play.com and he wondered was playasia just the asian version of same, or was it a cynical attempt to cash in on the play.com name, or was it merely a happy coincidence and absolutely no connection between the 2.

I had no idea. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its number 3.

Happy coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i guess for a site selling games and the like, 'play' is a fair enough title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Might be a silly question, but can Asian PS2 games/dvd's/cd's be played over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Nope for the PS2 games unless you mod it or have some special disc, yes to CDs and yes to DVDs if your DVD player is region free. Irish DVD players can play region 0(no region) ,2(Europe) and 4(Australia) no problem but for anything else you need to unlock your DVD player with a code or buy a multiregion one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

A PS2 will not play import games without some.... modifications. Best do a Google on it, you'll need to know which version you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Attol wrote:
    Irish DVD players can play region 0(no region) ,2(Europe) and 4(Australia) no problem but for anything else you need to unlock your DVD player with a code or buy a multiregion one.
    Region 4 discs will work only if they're dual-coded for region 2. It just so happens that most (but not all) of them are and hence they're region 2/4 discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Sorry to revive an old thread, But I've tried searching on here and google and cant find an answer. On the topic of "Regions" are all PC games region free? I'm thinking of buying bioshock from play-asia.

any help appreciated
    Eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm nearly sure the answer is yes they are region free.

Of course maybe the instructions, in-game menus may not be in English, check the site I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

all pc games are region free i think although since most are on dvd now they may be coded, play-asia is a great site ive used them loads of times, quick delivery times considering theyre coming from so far away,never waited more than 10 days for stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Thanks guys i was thinking they where but i couldnt find any info on it :)

Eyes

• Advertisement
Advertisement