Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting new people in cork?

Options
  • 21-02-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where one could meet new people in the Cork area (besides the usual pubs and clubs) between the ages of 18-23 for friendship/otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

a few of my mates were talking about speed dating,even just to meet new people.i have no idea about where it is held but it my be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You could take up a night course in College of Commerce or Saint John's. Night courses are all the rage with the young ones these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There's a social group that meets about once a month that organise activities like trips around east Cork. I'm not sure about other stuff they do because I've never been.

@Trixter : If you read this, you might know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joelvis

hey im kinda frm cork n between 18 n 23...well 18n19really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

My buddy took up dancing lessons. We all gave him serious amounts of sh!t about it. However, he's the guy that supplies the women at all the parties over the last few weeks. It's got me thinking.... Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

You can call up to my gaff for a few cans if ya like? Bring your own gatt though.

Boards Free Gaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

There is a group called the Cork Social Network Group that meet up about once a month - they are a mixed bunch of all nationalities and ages. It's not a dating agency or anything - just people who want to find some friends in Cork.

I'd better not post the contact details of the girl who runs it just in case, but I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd better not post the contact details of the girl who runs it just in case, but I'll PM you.

Why? Is she a hotty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

[edit]I'm bold[/edit]

While we're on the subject - when's the next Beers? We must verify JohnK is indeed back from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

There was a group of people in there 20s that organized cimema trips, group meals and such. Cant remember the details but if I dig them out I will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

There is a group called the Cork Social Network Group that meet up about once a month - they are a mixed bunch of all nationalities and ages. It's not a dating agency or anything - just people who want to find some friends in Cork.

Can you pm me the details also please? I would like to meet people from Cork outside of the drinking scene also. Don't get me wrong I love drinking but I don't want every event to be drink related. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

d3mon24 wrote: »
    There was a group of people in there 20s that organized cimema trips, group meals and such. Cant remember the details but if I dig them out I will pm you.

Can I have the details also if you find them please? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yep, no bother...

Saturday night, 8pm.

4 Fake Street,
    Wilton,
    Cork.

See ye there. :pac:

Wait a minute.... there's no fake street! This guy is a phoney! Now what will I do with all my booze. Throw it down the sink i guess.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

PMs sent to OP and to Kingtut.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

hmmm I wonder what that's all about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

UCC do speed dating for charity once in a while, apparently it's mad fun, and I really doubt you have to be a student for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

me three please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

megs_88 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where one could meet new people in the Cork area (besides the usual pubs and clubs) between the ages of 18-23 for friendship/otherwise?

Art classes are pretty good..... although not specifically 18-23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

*feels like a pensioner at the age of 28* tut tut young people today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭katiepwr

can someone please PM some contacts for the friendship groups, im living in cork but do not have many friends in the area. Thank You

Advertisement