Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry ???

• 21-02-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

is he okay ???

HELP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i`m sure he will live

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

was a weird one, looked like he turned his right ankle badly. limps off and they strap up the left ankle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looked nasty, went right over on his ankle. Was his ankle one of his recet injuries as well? I remember he had another injury after his back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I think the Chelsea management made a huge mistake playing him tonight.
    I say this because yesterday on Sky Sports News there was a report from Chelseas training session and in the background you could see Terry getting the same ankle heavily strapped and he looked in some discomfort.
    So he had a problem before the game - there was a weakness there, which explains why he went over on it so easily.

From painful personal experience that type nothing injury can keep you out for weeks on average. Once when I went over on my ankle in identical circumstances I damaged the ligaments so bad I couldn't walk on it for 3 weeks and wasn't back playing football for 3 months! But, then again I think Terry has everything at his disposal to make as quick a recovery as possible......and is also made of sterner stuff:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He's fine. he's posted three times in the last feckin 5 minutes and it's past 2.30 am.

Although sometimes, I worry too

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Nunu wrote:
    I think the Chelsea management made a huge mistake playing him tonight.
    I say this because yesterday on Sky Sports News there was a report from Chelseas training session and in the background you could see Terry getting the same ankle heavily strapped and he looked in some discomfort.
    So he had a problem before the game - there was a weakness there, which explains why he went over on it so easily.

i saw that, wasnt so bad

they taped it up and he continued training

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

The ankle he injured in training and had strapped up was his left

He went over on his right ankle in the match....hence he now has 2 dodgey ankles...as a man u supporter im gutted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Some player 10 hours without conceding a goal and then he's stretchered of and 2 minutes later goal conceded. I don't like to see players injured but as a Man Utd fan I'll make an exception here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I think the last few years of being ever-present in the Chelsea squad is catching up with him. He's probably played through one too many knocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

According to the Chelsea site,Terry will play tomorrow.Robben too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I wonder if they are giving him injections or something?

Morunhio probably see's the Carling Cup tomorrow as his best chance of silverware this season and is willing to risk Terry for it.

Risky business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anam wrote:
    According to the Chelsea site,Terry will play tomorrow.Robben too.
    Must not have been ligament damage so.
    No possible way anybody could recover so quickly.
    Mind games by Mourinho ?
    Ankle injuries can take months to heal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Maybe it was just a twist though, and the crutch etc when leaving the Dragao was just for precaution. Or just for mind games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Reaks of mind games imo
    It was never as serious as made out,
    Hope arsenal's youths give chelsea a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

evilhomer wrote:
    I wonder if they are giving him injections or something?

Morunhio probably see's the Carling Cup tomorrow as his best chance of silverware this season and is willing to risk Terry for it.

Risky business.

I feel the same. Im not writting Chelsea off in any of the competitions they are still in but I really think he is being pushed to play in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I agree. They could be risking him for the remainder of the season if gets injured again today. You would think they would wrap him in cotton wool and keep him for league and CL games.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

bucks73 wrote:
    I agree. They could be risking him for the remainder of the season if gets injured again today. You would think they would wrap him in cotton wool and keep him for league and CL games.
    It's more than likely over-stating their injury problems (mindgames), Mourinho does seem to do it quite frequently. Having said that, Terry did look hurt the other day, and I suspect that if Chelsea were playing any team other than Arsenal today, he wouldn't be playing.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

he certainly looks hurt now, hope he is alright and I'm no chelsea fan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Meh, he's a pussy, I'd have walked it off. :D

It was a bad one alright. Don't like seeing physios looking so worried, never a good sign. The Arsenal phusio appeared fairly sharpish, was he lurking behind the goal?

2 high profile kicks in the head in the last two days, Crouch's was all visual by the look of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anybody got a link to a replay of today's injury?

Saw it live but they didn't show nearly enough replays for sickos like myself :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement