Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition

Options
  • 21-02-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was sent this link today to add to the forum and it is a petition against the massive development of Greystones Marina and the sale of the North beach to developers.

I am not against developing the marina but I am against the developemnt of a concrete block marina in the guise of apartment blocks and public beaches handed over to developers to do what they wish.

Please click onto the website below and sign if you feel the same. If you dont well just ignore this thread I have not posted for a a debate just for information for others. Thank you.
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/greystonesharbour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

unfortunatly an online petition won't do anything...
    a petition needs to be submitted in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

In any case, despite the good intentions, this may be a bit late.

Also, since only "one in ten" objections to Bord Pleanala were from residents in the immediate area, our mayor interprets this as the majority of residents/locals support the development! Crazy! I know! And this guy was elected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

In any case, despite the good intentions, this may be a bit late.

Also, since only "one in ten" objections to Bord Pleanala were from residents in the immediate area, our mayor interprets this as the majority of residents/locals support the development! Crazy! I know! And this guy was elected!!

Not quite true.

Politicians and others will actually take a look any measure of public opinion. Naturaly they will never admit to what extent they rely on such measures but there is nothing to be lost by using any measure available to us. An Bord Pleanala is not obliged to to have regard to public opinion but they will not wish to be oblivious to it either. Despite the protestations of our Mayor and Chamber of Commerce, you can rest assured that the Bord is well aware that there is a huge problem with this devlopment among the public.

So signing the petition can do no harm and may indeed to a lot of good.

Advertisement