Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relative Pricing for Tattoo!

• 22-02-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

evening one and all!

just wondering if anyone could shine a light on the possible cost of getting a tattoo relatively the size of ones hand, there will be a good deal of colour and it will be my own work!

asking because at present i'm broke :rolleyes: and currently saving for said adornment!

so if anyone could even give the individual pricing of each element that would be most helpful!

thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

minimum pricing is about between 80-100 per hour. best bet is to get up off of your ass and go in and talk to a tattooist ;):D
    prices will vary between places

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Wilburt wrote:
    minimum pricing is about between 80-100 per hour. best bet is to get up off of your ass and go in and talk to a tattooist ;):D
    prices will vary between places

amazing...get up off my ass....never thought of that! cheers for the info mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

hi budd, its very hard for a tattooist to give a price on a design by size alone, size, detail and amount of colour work to be done all are taken into account, some places may even charge extra for doing your own design, some times people bring in designs that need some "straightening" before the artist can start working on it, so it is best to bring your design along to a reputable tattooist and ask his/her advice, and even at that prices will be different from shop to shop, hope that helps you some

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

still saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

The guy i go to gives me a price before he starts and thats it, he can take all day and night, i have the price already agreed...............

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

amazing...get up off my ass....never thought of that! cheers for the info mate!

Well he's right.....

A lot of things will be taken into consideration with the price: colour, size, detail etc. An artist will have to take a look at it and work out how much work will be involved, what equipment will have to be used and how long it'll take. Also, if the tattoo is very detailed but not very big, they may recommend that the design be enlarged so as the details won't blur over time. This would also push the price up. As Will said, prices will vary from place to place too. Generally the rate is €80-€100 per hour and there's usually a minimum charge of 1hr. I had a tattoo of cherry blossoms done on my lower calf/ankle and it took about 90mins ish, but cost me €200. Seriously, head into town and have a chat to a few artists and they'll give you an idea of costs. Most artists will agree a cost with you before they start the work.

Advertisement