Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for bricklayers

Options
  • 22-02-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

If I was building an outside wall 60ft long of 9"" solids on their sides,at what distance would I space the supporting peers....and how many would be sufficient.

Comments

how high will the wall be? dont know the answer, but know that the spacing is dependent on the height of the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Suppose around 6-7 blocks high..So around 4-5foot high

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

mad m wrote:
    If I was building an outside wall 60ft long of 9"" solids on their sides,at what distance would I space the supporting peers....and how many would be sufficient.

Mad m do you mean 4" solids laid on the flat (which will give you a 9" wide wall or do you intend to use 9" Hollows?? A 60 ft wall would require not only Piers (c every 12') but also at least two expansion joints at 20' intervals. Joints can be concealed within Piers.

Finally a Hollow block construction will require capping, whereas it will be optional with the solid block. ;)

Advertisement