Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water getting under tiles

Options
  • 22-02-2007 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Alright,

I have a problem in the bathroom. It seems water is getting under the tiles beside the shower through a small crack in the grout, i only noticed this last night but it could have been going on for some time. I was wondering does anyone know how to repair this with lifting all the tiles in the bathroom, or what i will have to do to fix the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

maceocc2 wrote:
    Alright,

I have a problem in the bathroom. It seems water is getting under the tiles beside the shower through a small crack in the grout, i only noticed this last night but it could have been going on for some time. I was wondering does anyone know how to repair this with lifting all the tiles in the bathroom, or what i will have to do to fix the problem?

Wont really have to lift the tiles however do the following

1: Dry the area
    2: Remove any loose grout around the cracked patch
    3: Get some good grout from your local DIY waterproof would be good
    4: If you have no idea how to mix it buy some premixed it should be able to be brought in tube small packs.
    5: Fill the hole with the grout use a old credit card and smooth of the excess using a clean sponge.

This should fix it

If the crack is along a edge line by the wall you may want to consider sealant. Come back to this thread if you want to go down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Thanks for the quick reply, i'm gonna have a go at it tonight just incase the ceiling falls down in the kitchen :D.

I'll let ye know how i get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Best of Luck

Advertisement