Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista Upgrade Problems

• 22-02-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Is anyone else having problems upgrading from XP to Vista??

I have (eventually) maanaged to get into the Moduslink website to upgrade my Sony Vaio only to be told my COA number could not be validated, I know it isn't because I entered it a thousand times and still get the same message.

Sony have told me to call Moduslonk on this number 0080066644666 but I cannot connect to this number from any telephone in Ireland, landline or mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Yes exactly the same issue...I have been trying since Monday to order my upgrade...and am now getting the same issue as yourself...coa validation failed. I have just got thru to Modius on 0080066644666, I got thru to them as I use blueface, mobile and landline don't work. Choose option number 8 to speak to someone...it turns out that they actually had an order from me...but I'd never got confirmation of it.

Emul

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

But did you ever get past that screen as far as giving them your contact details??

I have Skype at home, I might try calling that number on that later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The whole Express Upgrade thing has been a bit of a headache. Some of the OEM's are deliberately holding off on sending out the upgrades or processing them till all the drivers for the hardware are put in place because they don't want to deal with the tech support fallout. So all the various config's must be tested under Vista.

Some have gone out but it is probable that if COA number was not validated they haven't gotten round to adding your systems serial number to the list of compatible systems. This happened to me with Dell initially they rejected the system but after a month or two the system was then accepted.

Moduslink in particular have been screwing people around as you can read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

I am slightly heartened by the fact that some people are getting through and getting their orders in.

I do have another legitimate way of getting the Vista upgrade for free but its just when I bought the PC they made doing it this way sound so simple.

And may I add that Sony are of no bloody use, all they want to say is "here's the number, go bother Moduslink"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Netopia here's a Dutch number for them:

Toll paid Phone :
    Phone :+31 880016102

Good luck

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

I am having trouble getting hold of the Vista Express too. They should not have added the word express to their service because it is a total shambles. I have read about lot of problems from other forums regarding the COA number POP number etc. It seems like on average it is taking around 6 weeks to get hold of a copy at the minimum.

I bought a laptop in Comet there a few weeks back, got my COA confirmed and I have sent off a pdf of my receipt via email to modulink but my status is still set to COA confirmed instead of the next stage - POP confirmed where they are meant to supply you with an approx date of delivery.

Advertisement