Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmable strip lights

Options
  • 22-02-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

An electrical engineer friend of mine recommended that we use some flourescent strip lights to light up the atrium ceiling in our extension. It's hard to explain, but the lights will sit behind a false wall so you'll see the light coming from them lighting up the ceiling, but won't see the actual lights themselves. We'll have separate lights for the dining room table, and will match the bulbs to produce the same light so it should be a nice effect, particularly since they can be controlled separately.

I bought 2 1200mm long flourescent strip lights in B&Q (the width of the wall is 2650mm), but now believe that these cannot be dimmed using a dimmer switch at the wall plate. It's crucial that these can be dimmed, so does anyone know where I can find dimmable strip lights (flourescent, tungsten, or anything else) that can be dimmed.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement