Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present

Options
  • 22-02-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Any ideas for bday present for my girlfriend?

I want to impress and have a budget of e300

Cheers
    Sony

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sony wrote:
    Any ideas for bday present for my girlfriend?

I want to impress and have a budget of e300

Cheers
    Sony

So, does she like..... stuff??

What's she into? How long are ye going out? Ipod maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

jewellry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A day at a spa or salon perhaps if she likes to be pampered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It totally depends on the woman. Is she a girlie kind of woman or adventerous or....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

hi everyone-thanks so far-yeah shes bit of a girly girl

Id like to buy her something really nice to do with jewellery, ive already bought her a lovely bracelet that went down a storm so I was maybe thinking necklace? how much you reckon a nice one would be anyone??

Ive already thought of the day at the spa which is a nice idea aswell but to be honest Id prefer to get her something she can keep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

if you get her a necklace ( only be about 200 id say, depending on what kind of gold 0 i'd recommend white) keep aside a hundred and get her a good few little things, like lipgloss, slippers, cd, teddy and the likes, she'l b so excited and it doesn't have to break the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

If the bracelet went down well then a necklace would be lovely. Did the bracelet have a matching item?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

I know you already got her a bracelet but I'm going to suggest this anyway, Links of London (in Dundrum Town Centre, Paul Sheeran and off Grafton St. not sure about nationwide but I know they have a website) do GORGEOUS charm bracelets and they do necklaces too. For 300 you could get her a really nice bracelet and then add charms to it when you guys have special occasions. I had to hint at my ex boyfriend for two years and then eventually print out the one I wanted and give it to him when he went shopping but I was eventually delighted when I got mine!

Maybe this: http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/necklaces/339-classic-links-of-london-heart-necklace

or if you were brave enough to go for another bracelet this:

http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/bracelets/655-heart-charm-bracelet

And then you can add to it with these charms (there are loads of them):

http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/charms/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would agree with the charm bracelet, I already have one (got one for my 21st) but it shows a longer term commitment in a subtle way.

I collect Children of Lir and Swatch jewellry so my husband knows to get that for me...it really depends on the lady.

Thanks for the advice-the pressures on now this week to get it and the charm bracelet is an excellent idea-only thing is do you think that getting another bracelet would be a bit strange??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I got my one a charm bracelet for christmas and she loved it, theres a links shop just off grafton street opposite eddie rockets, also the girl that works in there is an absolute cracker. I too am on the lookout for a birthday present, really am a bit stuck, what to get the girl who has everything?

Maybe shoes or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

shoutman wrote:
    ... what to get the girl who has everything? ...

A box to put it all in ?

I did that once, hid her real present and gave her a box then when she looked harder the location of where her real present was hidden was written in the end of the box.

Sony wrote:
    Thanks for the advice-the pressures on now this week to get it and the charm bracelet is an excellent idea-only thing is do you think that getting another bracelet would be a bit strange??:confused:
    A woman can never have too many bracelets - my husband was in India last September and he brought me back a few lovely bracelets. A charm bracelet is special in any case.

Another romantic (in an old fashioned way) thing to buy is a really good jewlery/music box, though they are really hard to find, sure you can get ordinary ones but the classic ones are more often sourced abroad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the best present i ever got was two tickets to see the grand prix in hockenhim - maybe something like that

amaaaaaazing idea Cathy-Musical jewellery box...any ideas where I could find one??

Ive tried the internet but not a lot to offer..besides Id need a shop at this stage!

Sony wrote:
    amaaaaaazing idea Cathy-Musical jewellery box...any ideas where I could find one??

Ive tried the internet but not a lot to offer..besides Id need a shop at this stage!
    The best shop that we found in Ireland was Weirs but they were very expensive. You could try ebay but it is hit and miss.

Advertisement