Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats wrong with ie7??

• 22-02-2007 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

its no longer offered on windows update, it was there 5 days ago

there is also a new genuine windows notification program that wasn't there 5 days ago, its installation is not fully automatic, you have to confirm that you want it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Raekwon wrote:
    Do yourself a big favor and use Firefox 2.0 instead

http://www.firefox2.com/en/

:rolleyes:

for gods sake, its just an internet browser, maybe you should get out more

i paid for xp, so i going to make sure to use everything that m$ have to offer

i am posting to find out if anyone knows why m$ took it off there list of updates

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Raekwon wrote:
    I was being serious :rolleyes: Type 'Firefox 2 vs IE7' into Google and educate yourself a little bit more smart ass.

WOW, the variety! :eek: Best of luck so ;)

search for firefox on boards and see the list of issues with using it here.

Raekwon wrote:
    smart ass.

thats a personal attack, you can be banned for that
    Raekwon wrote:

WOW, the variety!

its just an internet browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Tivoli wrote:
    thats a personal attack, you can be banned for that

I think that it is you that needs to get out more :rolleyes:
    its just an internet browser

Thanks for that heads up.

To answer your original question: MS have taken it off their 'High Priority' list for XP users to coincide with the launch of Vista. IE7 is packaged with Vista, so if you don't want to upgrade your OS but you want to upgrade to IE7 you need to download it manually from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

daveym wrote:
    search for firefox on boards and see the list of issues with using it here.

Off topic I realise, but I always use Firefox for my browsing and have had no issues with using it here.

• Advertisement

marcphisto wrote:
    Off topic I realise, but I always use Firefox for my browsing and have had no issues with using it here.

you'll find that none of the drop downs work on threads greater than 2 pages.
    or maybe not depending on your OS, a few threads around on the known issues..

Raekwon wrote:
    I think that it is you that needs to get out more :rolleyes:

Thanks for that heads up.

To answer your original question: MS have taken it off their 'High Priority' list for XP users to coincide with the launch of Vista. IE7 is packaged with Vista, so if you don't want to upgrade your OS but you want to upgrade to IE7 you need to download it manually from here.

cool, thanks for the link man, maybe you "install firefox" , "install ubuntu" guys aren't all bad, just annoying to listen too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

daveym wrote:
    you'll find that none of the drop downs work on threads greater than 2 pages.
    or maybe not depending on your OS, a few threads around on the known issues..
    Is that down to vBulletin code or Firefox? The former, I do believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

ethernet wrote:
    I would say it's certainly not a FireFox problem, but I've been browsing here for ages with Firefox and never encountered problems so, if there are issues, they obviously are very minor. Surprised though that the board here isn't standards compliant given it's target audience is wide.

ethernet wrote:

they don't work together, if you don't use firefox you don't have the problems. rumour is an upgrade the site version will fix it but doesn't really help with the user experience. happy to agree it is boards fault not firefox but that doesn't really help a lot does it?
    IE doesn't have the same issues. I don't know how you haven't seen the problems art but they are pretty bad..

just to be clear, i love FF it is my browser but I use IE or the plugin that someone pointed out over on my thread about the FF problems. FF has plenty of
    problems with site compatibility, all in all it is best but there is no point being a total fanboy...

see here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055055114

and
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055039549

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It could be vBulletin because with boards.tv and .us (running vB3.6), FF works fine. Bloody annoying here but hopefully when the software upgrade happens it'll be easier. I keep having to switch back using IE tab when doing the moderating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Tivoli wrote:
    Hi LonelyGuy45m

Try installing firefox 2.01.73

its got tabs :cool:

And you think I should have been banned? :rolleyes:

You have got some issues man............after all, like you have said, it's only a browser.

(P.S.: I hope the mod who deleted my posts sees this one)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Raekwon, your post was deleted due to off-topic Advocacy which is against this forums charter...you might want to read it - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47980
    I was being serious Type 'Firefox 2 vs IE7' into Google and educate yourself a little bit more smart ass.

Do it again and you'll be banned for a week :)

Tivoli, your post regarding LonelyGuy45m appears to be a indirect personal attack on Raekwon.

As such it has been removed and further personal attacks by either yourself or Raekwon will also lead to a ban for whoever decides to start!

Have a nice day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Personally i like using ff 2.x.x myself though see the link below ... Some very interesting comparisions between the different browsers availbale today

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html

thanks for all your help guys, got vista in the post today.

I still couldn't find anything online regarding why microsoft took ie7 off windows update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

daveym wrote:
    they don't work together, if you don't use firefox you don't have the problems. rumour is an upgrade the site version will fix it but doesn't really help with the user experience. happy to agree it is boards fault not firefox but that doesn't really help a lot does it?
    IE doesn't have the same issues. I don't know how you haven't seen the problems art but they are pretty bad..

Don't think it's fair to say they don't work together, myself and several other users on that thread you linked to, have never experienced a problem. I had to go look for the problem but it doesn't affect my normal experience of this site which is always through FireFox.

It doesn't help much when sites, any site, are not coded to standards - that, specifically, is what does not help a lot, no ... falling back to a poor, insecure browser just to accommodate such sites I don't think is a very good solution at all really.

Advertisement