Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money in the Bank

• 22-02-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭

Who do you reckon will win this?

Personally i reckon it will be Mr Kennedy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I predict Edge will win it. Later on Taker will win the World title off of Batista and then Edge will cash in the MITB meaning Taker loses both the streak and the title in the one night.

Choke on that swerve Vince Russo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I love Mr. Nice Guy's idea, but I would hate to see it happen to Taker.

Personally, I think it will be Punk who wins it - call it a hunch or whatever, I just think he will win it.

By the way, I've read the spoilers for Smackdown and it didn't say anything about Kennedy (.......Kennedy! - havn't done that in ages, lol) being in MITB, where did you hear that he is in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hehe.

It's hard to call without know who will be participating.

If I was to hazard a guess, it would probably be Orton.
    The bit with him and Edge talking backstage on this weeks raw makes me think it might be him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'm going to say Orton too if he's in it. Can't them giving him any other match before wrestlemania. This will eventually spark off the feud between orton and edge as Orton will probably screw edge or something.
    Other than that i can't see anyone in it at the moment who should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

On one hand, I'd be surprised if they didn't keep Edge's WM winning streak going. On the other hand, I could see them claiming next year that he has never been pinned or submitted. It just seems a bit of a waste to end his streak not in a one-on-one match, so I'll go with Edge. Although I'll be cheering on Punk!

• Advertisement

Looking at it realistically, if Kennedy is involved I can see him winning it. You can just imagine the reaction:

"Mr Kennedy can now call himself Mr Money in the Bank!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looking at it realistically, if Kennedy is involved I can see him winning it. You can just imagine the reaction:

"Mr Kennedy can now call himself Mr Money in the Bank!"

RVD already did that though.

Isn't Rey coming back soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Rey Mysterio isn't cleared to wrestle yet.
    he was on Smackdown this week to say he will be back soon though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I was listening to an interview today on figure four daily with a guy called Steve Sims who would have about as good a knowlege on Mexican/Latino wrestlers and Mexican wrestling in general than most.

He had heard that Mysterio's doctor said that he would be "psycho" to return to the ring given his knee issues but apparently he'll back in 2-3 months or so.

I think theres truth in what he's saying given that 5 years ago Rey on the wrestling observer radio show talked about how doctors told him that by even jumping off a simple curb could really damage his knee.

That's true, a lot of people don't seem to think of Rey's injury as that bad, since it's usually the bigger guys who have bad knees, ie. Big Show

• Advertisement

Plus even though he's still young at 31, he's wrestled for a long long time. I'm not sure if he started when he was 15 or 16.

Which ever is the case he's had a 15+ year career. And given his style that will take its toll.

He was actually 14 when he started wrestling, if you can believe that! I was watching some ECW tv shows from 1996 last week, Joey was saying that Rey was only 21, and himself and Juventud were having an amazing match. I'd definitely rank him as one of the best wrestlers I've ever seen at that age. He hasn't really done it for me for the last couple of years though, but I'm looking forward to seeing him back

Fozzy wrote:
    He hasn't really done it for me for the last couple of years though, but I'm looking forward to seeing him back

He is alot less spectculiar when he was younger.

But I mean theres a few reasons for that. He's carrying 30 lbs extra weight since he went to the WWE. And also with his knee injuries I'm sure he's trying to preserve himself for as long as possible

I actually like him more now though. He's a bit like Michaels to me in that what he has lost in athleticism he has made up for in other areas.

Bit of a spoiler from the Observer.
    There will be eight participants in this year’s Wrestlemania Money in the Bank match.

I have no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Looking at it realistically, if Kennedy is involved I can see him winning it.
    God I would hate it if Kennedy won it. Is it just me or has his wrestling ability declined in the last few months. Pretty much since he came back from his injury. The thing that really does my head in about watching him these days are his rear chin locks. He's the king of the auld rear chin locks. When he puts them on, you may aswell go make yourself a cup of tea because when you come back they'll be almost finished with that hold.

I dunno, I think Kennedy's gotten better in the last few months. There was a bit of a Benoit vs Kennedy debate on the boards a couple of months ago, and while I'd still never compare Kennedy's ability to Benoit's, he's done alright for himself, but his promos are still a bit hit and miss. He has a unique way of delivering them, but most of them are just the standard "I'm gonna kick your ass" style promo

The fact that he's been in title matches with Batista and Lashley recently has made me admire him to an extent. Fair play to him for trying to pull decent matches out of them! Even if the Lashley match was still pretty awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

looks like kennedy is not involved. Its an 8 person match, and as of Smackdown last night, 6 people have been confirmed (i think...can only remember 5 of them now). Raw will prob provide the final two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

On ECW last night Kennedy defeated Sabu to qualify for MitB. That pisses me off, Kennedy has nothing to do with ECW and he takes one of their spots. If Kennedy wins MitB I definitely think he will go to ECW and be the main heel there. I don't think he's good enough to hold a title on Raw or Smackdown just yet.

Smackdown spoilers to follow so be careful!

Matt Hardy beat Joey Mercury to qualify AND Finlay defeated Benoit and MVP to qualify too - according to some pre air report, so it may not be 100% reliable. So thats Edge, Punk, Booker, Jeff, Matt, Kennedy, Finlay in, and Orton to follow.

If the report is to be believed we're in for a cracker next week on SD, Finlay vs Undertaker 1 on 1 :)

A fan put a question to the guys on PWInsider about Edge's undefeated streak and the MITB match. They forgot all about it and I must admit so did I.

Edge has a really good record at Wrestlemania and I think it would be a shame if it were to come to an end due to this match.

That's why I feel Edge will be victorious and maybe cash it in on the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i think edge will win and cash in on the night trying to stop undertakers run but Taker will beat him cause nobody beats undertaker a WM:D hopefully ill have somewhere to watch it again this year. myself and fozzy had it easy last year, good fun too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I reckon MATT HARDY will win it.

My money is on Kennedy to win (as much as it pains me) and for him to go to ECW and beat the Lash and become the top heel there. I dont think you can count not winning an 8 man ladder match as losing so it wouldn't really end Edge's unbeaten streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

is it an unwritten rule that the winner of the MITB will capture a belt? just looking back on Edge's win and even booker's KOTR win just seems to lead to that..
    other side of the coin, it would be kinda crap if the MITB winner didnt get the title.
    my money is on Edge btw

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I think people are right that Edge will win it alright & most likely cash in on the night, but even though i am a big Undertaker fan i think you are all a bit quick to assume that he's gonna beat Batista!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i be reckoning if edge wins he'll interfere in the title fight and change the outcome to avoid having to wrestle taker for the belt

There are rumours going round that Orton will be the last entrant to the match, so I reckon it could be Orton that goes on to win it. Setting up a possible Orton vs Edge fued. They have seemed to be puching Orton slightly more face recently, so they could complete the turn with an Orton victory.

Dunno what they would go into next though - whether they would continue the HBK vs Cena story for a couple of months, and build up the Edge vs Orton story beside it, or go for a fatal 4 way angle, with every man for himself. You could throw in the odd tag match with Cena and Orton against Edge and HBK, in a similar fashion to what is happening now.

Well they have announced Carlito vs Flair vs Orton for next week, the winner takes the last spot.

ok, something is bugging here. First of all we have in this match
    --kennedy--finlay--matt--jeff--booker--cm punk--edge--?
    RAW this week it will be carlito--orton --or--flair.

ok, i hear you say 'what is bugging you?'
    well, lets go to RAW first ---i picked carlito in my fantasy team last week cause i was so sure ( after watching the last few weeks of raw) that he would be going to mania in the ladder match, and he can jump around a bit. But with orton in this match on monday you have to say to yourself that things dont look good for the guy that spits apple in the face of people who are not cool. Thats my first puzzle---who will win here?

My 2nd puzzle---looking at the list of superstars in this match, i cant help but wonder why are --finlay--booker and kennedy--(flair or orton, if...) in a ladder match. something does not fit here . Shelton should be in a ladder match, helms too. Not saying there is anything wrong with these guys in the ladder match, i am just saying that there are guys that would be better here.

triple h wrote:
    ok, something is bugging here. First of all we have in this match
    --kennedy--finlay--matt--jeff--booker--cm punk--edge--?
    RAW this week it will be carlito--orton --or--flair.

ok, i hear you say 'what is bugging you?'
    well, lets go to RAW first ---i picked carlito in my fantasy team last week cause i was so sure ( after watching the last few weeks of raw) that he would be going to mania in the ladder match, and he can jump around a bit. But with orton in this match on monday you have to say to yourself that things dont look good for the guy that spits apple in the face of people who are not cool. Thats my first puzzle---who will win here?

My 2nd puzzle---looking at the list of superstars in this match, i cant help but wonder why are --finlay--booker and kennedy--(flair or orton, if...) in a ladder match. something does not fit here . Shelton should be in a ladder match, helms too. Not saying there is anything wrong with these guys in the ladder match, i am just saying that there are guys that would be better here.
    i reckon Orton will win the match on RAW, and a Flair vs Carlito match will be set for Mania.

As for Helms and Shelton not being in the match, its a simple answer - neither are good enough for a title push, not yet anyway - so there is no point putting them in the match, where as Kennedy has had a title push, as has booker and finlay can hold his own too - there are all believable in a title match so there are all believable in a title contention match.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:
    As for Helms and Shelton not being in the match, its a simple answer - neither are good enough for a title push, not yet anyway - so there is no point putting them in the match, where as Kennedy has had a title push, as has booker and finlay can hold his own too - there are all believable in a title match so there are all believable in a title contention match.

your right i guess, i reckon its because of the fantasy league these things are bugging me because if lets say---shelton and helms were in the match at mania i would not pick them.

But also--it just seems strange to think of some guys in a ladder match or is that just me that thinks some people just dont suit this kind of match.

I'd agree that some of them don't exactly suit a ladder match, but this ladder match is different to the regular one. Whoever wins gets a shot at the title. So you've got to expect all the top guys looking to get into the match, as Tauren said. Wouldn't make sense if you had guys who don't deserve it, like Shelton. He doesn't deserve it in the context of the last two months of tv, he's hardly been on at all I think. But Kennedy, Finlay and Booker are top heels who've had titles shots recently, and you'd expect them to do anything to get another shot

HOW D'YA LIKE ME NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

I predict Edge will win it. Later on Taker will win the World title off of Batista and then Edge will cash in the MITB meaning Taker loses both the streak and the title in the one night.

Excellent Idea Seriously,But You Were Wrong Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah

Just a note about the length of the match, I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway, just to be on the safe side.
    The match was 19 minutes long, which was a lot longer than last years MITB, that was 12 minutes long, and a bit longer than the year before, which was 15 minutes. A lot of people seem to forget how short the first two matches were, making them out to be epics compared to this one!

The biggest thing for me about this years MITB match was there seemed to be a lack of flow to it at times.

I thought it was a really good match but I just preferred the previous years. I think 8 men are too many and I found the ending a bit anti climactic. Thats not to say I didn't enjoy it and I'm going to watch it again. I could be being too harsh.

• Advertisement

In a way I preferred that there were more guys in it. It made more sense when they took longer selling their injuries. Sometimes guys just seem to get back up after falling off a ladder in the same amount of time as they would after a normal move. Although there was a bit too much of two guys in the ring, followed by two more when the first two were out, followed by another two, etc. I was really just hoping nobody would get injured though, as all eight are capable of having great matches without ladders. I'd have to say that it didn't measure up to the combined ability of the eight guys, and in hindsight a couple of singles matches between some of the lads in the match probably would have been more enjoyable

Advertisement