Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser card

Options
  • 22-02-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

excuse my ignorance, but what is teh purpose of a laser cadr?
    can i t be used to make online purchases?
    wat charges are associated with teh laser card?
    wat advantages/disadvantages/differences exist between a laser card and a visa card for example
    thanks in advance
    ed :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The money comes directly out of your current account, unlike a visa card.

If you don't have money in your account, you can't make a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone used a laser card to book hostels, for example, online? I'm going interrailing this summer and it would be handy if a laser card worked.......

hostelworld.com, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/51/laserbn1.png

according to that it should work, i didn't actually book it but it says it is accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

DaveMcG wrote:
    Anyone used a laser card to book hostels, for example, online? I'm going interrailing this summer and it would be handy if a laser card worked.......

hostelworld.com, for example?

Well, they are based in Dublin, so it looks like they do. Don't expect any website outside of Ireland to accept it. They may of course accept Maestro, which some Laser cards have (like my wife's new Ulster Bank card).

• Advertisement
Advertisement