Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Honours mock - DEB - Whats coming up?

Options
  • 22-02-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I know there was already a thread for this but there was some confusion in that thread so can somebody please just tell me clearly
    What the comprehensions are about??
    What topics come in in the written expressions?
    Are they diary entrys or what? Etc.....

Any help is appreciated!!!

I am 99% certain that my paper is the DEB one......in the aural in section 5 there was teenagers sueing macdolands

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lc_88

Havn't done my french yet but picked this up from another thread.

DEB paper is 100%:

Comp 1: Alcohol
    Comp 2: Ida B - really difficult

Q1: About how money or something has led to the rise in alcohol consumption in ireland
    Didn't read the other one

Q2: Diary is you've just finished the BAC...what you think now?

Q3: Can riots ever be justified?

Q4: Students have a lot of presures on them today...what do you think?

sorry i dont have them all those are the only ones i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

COMP1:
    Basically the Irish people have recently entered a new statistic into the Guinness Book Of Records; can't remember what it was exactly - something about rate of consumption of alcohol. Blah Blah about the amount of alcohol drank in dublin between a typical friday and monday etc. Quite easy really.

COMP2:
    About a girl who isn't very outgoing at all; doesn't reveal her thoughts to her parents. A family moves in beside her which means trees need to be knocked. She devises a plan to stop them from moving in; she puts fake posters up in the valley about poisonous snakes and other deadly animals to try to stop them. Pretty much the gist of it. A little more difficult than COMP1 but still not so bad.

ESSAYS/NOTES/E-MAILS etc.
    As lc_88 posted - except I'm pretty sure the Diary entry was that you are about to finish the LC instead of 'finished it'.

IMO the exam was very simple compared to some of the papers that have come up in previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

None of the aforementioned is the DEB paper,

DEB was facelift, Jewish kids, sportsplayers are dopes etc...? Or am I going mad?

hmm, I'm pretty sure it is DEB. Its almost a week ago though so I may be wrong.
    Lc_88 seems very sure that it is.

Sorry but you're wrong.
    innocenteyes that one wasnt the deb paper! i definitely had the deb paper and its the one about a noisy party and drugs in sports and all that!

He's right... Ours was the DEB too, and it was the one he's talking about...

I think the exam ye refer to is the Examcraft one...

Also, the OP speaks of the MacDo LC, which is in the DEB version, therefore any further dispute is pointless...

In the written paper, look out for RC 2, about Jewish children facing discrimination, it is very difficult and the wording is not how one is used to from these comprehensions (ie it is generally more difficult)

Be able to write an email of apology to a neighbour family you disturbed during your stay in France...

Talk about how sports players are not all dopes.

can't remember the third one, someone help him out!

• Advertisement

No need to get emotional

Read:
    Its almost a week ago though so I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

My listening involved some singer, a riot, women's football and something about a crash involving an Irish driver. Which paper is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

obl wrote:
    My listening involved some singer, a riot, women's football and something about a crash involving an Irish driver. Which paper is that?

Thats my one too

I still don't know which paper that is........Why can't someone just clearly state what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mine too. What did you think of that? My teacher/assistant, from France, said she thought it to be difficult. I found it quite easy. Hopefully the results show this though. Although I'm gonna have to avoid here now, dont want any hints

Thats my one too

I still don't know which paper that is........Why can't someone just clearly state what it is

Because we have to hand up our French papers, and nobody seems to have a spare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Mushy, I found it grand, although sections 2 and 3 were a bit difficult. Our teacher said pretty much the same. Did anyone else notice that the tape didn't have the "Relisez maintenant les instructions..." announcement?

Does it sound familiar to anyone, who might then hint as to what the written questions are?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

obl wrote:
    Mushy, I found it grand, although sections 2 and 3 were a bit difficult. Our teacher said pretty much the same. Did anyone else notice that the tape didn't have the "Relisez maintenant les instructions..." announcement?

Does it sound familiar to anyone, who might then hint as to what the written questions are?

Forget hints I want the questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

me too!! i had that tape aswell a few weeks ago wasn't too bad imo... not having the written till tuesday week, so plenty of time to prepare!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

I thought it was a girl gettin her face eaten off by a dog on the first comp and then jews gettin beaten up for the second no?? I got a B1 and that's what I gathered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

im still waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hmmm, my listening ended with a person breaking their ankle in an accident and a group of robbers escaping. Don't remember much more than that, lol! :p So any help, would be appreciated, not sure if anyone else posted this up yet. Anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Urgh, help! I am not sure if my paper is the one with "dopes" in sports or not, though it seems to be! I was hoping for the other one, good at writing about LC and alcohol! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Summer Loving

obl wrote:

has any 1 found out which paper dis is? mines on tue

Urgh, help! I am not sure if my paper is the one with "dopes" in sports or not, though it seems to be! I was hoping for the other one, good at writing about LC and alcohol! :(

DEB = dopes in sports, I should know.. Got ours back today.

actually ours was Examcraft, i think... (had a tick on the front)

So dopes in sport, letter of apology etc is Examcraft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

I have just done the Listening Comprehension with (A Retired Teacher and the Asian Tsunami), what's on the written part of the paper. I really can't find it anywhere on the boards. Please Help!

Advertisement