Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EINN and CIA Torture Flights? Hell NO

Options
  • 22-02-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Ok so all this buzz about EINN ( Shannon ) has jumped to me in a way that i have to ask why would the CIA bother to bring "torture" flights into a Civillian Airport when over in Blighty they have Safe,Secure USAFE Bases such as RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath among others to Operate from it just doesnt make sense to have them landing at Civvy EINN when Mildenhall or LN ( LakenHeath ) are well capable of housing them seeing as they are US Military Bases.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Convenience.

By the same logic that you offer, there is no reason for the US to have routed soldiers through Shannon, when they had US military bases nearby which were also available. Why did they use Shannon for this?

Convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Oxymoron: military intelligence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

bonkey wrote:
    Convenience.

By the same logic that you offer, there is no reason for the US to have routed soldiers through Shannon, when they had US military bases nearby which were also available. Why did they use Shannon for this?

Convenience.

I was gonna say that too but surely a US Mil base would be more "Convenient"?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Weren't many of the CIA flights done on chartered civilian aircraft? Maybe these aren't allowed in military bases.
    What bugs me even more is that many of them get army (Irish) protection!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The current Phoenix (it was the Phoenix who first revealed details of the rendition flights!) mentions about how special rendition flights are "largely a thing of the past, because of adverse world publicity and changed American tactics in the War on terror."

What is happening is that large stocks of depleted uranium are being transported through Shannon to Iraq & Afghanistan. "Depleted uranium bullets can be shipped and stored safely, but a fire inevitably releases significant quantities into the air."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

kbannon wrote:
    depleted uranium

Thats the stuff that is put on the round of Bullets fired by A-10 Warthogs "Tankbusters" It just eats right through the Armor of a Tank.

Advertisement