Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2142 v1.20 Patch Released

Options
  • 22-02-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Copyed from totalbf2142.com

Greetings from Sweden!

Today we are releasing the latest update for Battlefield 2142. In this update we have addressed a number of issues and game play concerns.

• Fixed Pod Control Exploit – Players may no longer exploit the assault pods to ‘surf’ around the maps.
    • Removed the stats category for the PK-74 AR-Rocket: All kills with this weapon are calculated into the statistics for the main assault kit weapon
    • Servers will no longer crash when attempting to rotate to co-op mode with players joined into squads.
    • Added correct flag for Czech Republic.
    • Fixed PDS-1 sonar system interference with UAV. Soldiers are now shown correctly on UAV when PDS-1 is activated.
    • Change to Heal and Repair Point Awarding: Heal and repair points awarded after a 50% heal / repair instead of 100% heal / repair.
    • Fixed tracking of hours with the medic hub in BFHQ: Medic hub hours shown in BFHQ has been corrected.
    • Fixed Squad leader drone exploit. Removed the possibility to use drones as a stairway to heaven.
    • Fixed the Rorsch crosshair misalignment: The crosshair should now be correctly centered while not zoomed.
    • Change to Out of Bounds Damage: We have changed the out of bounds damage system to immediately kill players after being out of bounds for 15 seconds. Please note that the total time a player can be out of bounds has not changed. This fix will help prevent stat padding exploits.
    • Ranked Server APM setting hard coded: Anti-personnel mines are now always set to “Friendly fire off” on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.
    • Fixed an exploit using the reactor core door: Soldiers can no longer conceal themselves by moving back against the reactor core door.
    • The correct message is now shown when trying to join a full server.
    • Fixed crash when placing Squad Leader Spawn Beacon
    • Added server side option to prevent Titan Movement
    • Added optimization to Titan mode to reduce lag

We wanted to thank everyone who took the time to beta test this update and provide feedback to us.
    We have archived all feedback and will be reviewing everything that did not make it into this update for future updates.

Source: Battlefield Portal

Download Mirrors:
    • TotalBF2142 (Full)
    • TotalBF2142 (Incremental)

Please also note that there are two versions for the 1.20 update.
    The incremental version is only for those who participated in either the closed or the open beta.
    If you are updating from 1.10 you must use the full update installer and not the incremental.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

The best thing about the patch=

• Ranked Server APM setting hard coded: Anti-personnel mines are now always set to “Friendly fire off” on ranked servers. Increases consistency and prevents misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Does that mean that they will not hurt allies?

No,
    It means they will kill eveyone,
    No more clay whores,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

christ i remember when they did that with BF2, the amount of people on - poiints was ridiculous.

Nothing on CTDS??, don't get them as much but i still do and from the EA forums alot of people suffer from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

I loaded the patch and got two errors
    • I couldn't connect to the EA server. It was a problem with my firewall. BF2142.exe had the right permissions but it wouldn't access the server. I had to reinstall my firewall (ZoneAlarm) which wipes the program list and then gave it access.
    • Second problem was everytime I went into a Titan the lights went out. Now I'm all for a challenge but come on. I had the light detail set to low. I had to set this to medium for it too work. The PC I have is new and powerful and it works fine on Max settings. But set it to low (which sets the light detail to low) and it's lights out.

By the time I fixed all this I had to go to work.:(
    Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

• Advertisement

Thank god i held onto my last 2 unlocks(can't see myself use anything other than the spawn beacon). the xtra rocket for assault is very handy, cleaned up on gibraltar with it. unlocked the motion mine lure, but have'nt used it yet. did'nt notice much else.

• Fixed crash when placing Squad Leader Spawn Beacon

thats the only mention of CTD's
    i got that one a lot, and 1st-ib even gave up using them in matches
    as they were unprdicteble

Never had the spawn beacon, the one where it disconnects on a map change used drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

APMs are now hard-set to friendly fire OFF which means that they DONT detonate on teammates = a ****load more of em - .:iE/ has played it a fair bit now of 1.2 patch and its fairly sure "something else" has been done do the game
    some people are finding the Krylov has been made stronger, perhaps the game as a whole has been made faster :S

also u can use any of the "northern Strike" unlocks if you field upgrade and unlock them - so far only 2-3 of em seem to have a useful purpose

I was on agood squad last nite and so was able to unlock most of the new unlocks,.

New shotgun is crap, hard to aim, and not very effective.

support PDS very very handy, particularly with the clark.

Extra rocket\shotgun shell pack ahdny too.

Boots handy as well, more stamina, less damge when jumping off heights.

Motion mine lure, extremely usefull, used it alot last night when in a mec.

yet to try others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I havent played since I got the patch. IT will probably be next friday before I get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I can't repair cause of this stupid patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Holsten wrote:

really? I dont think its the patch. I played an engy for the first time last night and was repairing away like mad... until I got knifed and my tank stolen :(

I found last night that not all friendlies registered (as in the name and blue or green circle). Anyone else having this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Holsten wrote:

The repair point message doesn't always turn up, but the score does count.

LoLth wrote:
    I found last night that not all friendlies registered (as in the name and blue or green circle). Anyone else having this?

Thats always been around, bluename can be slow to show up. don't know how many times i've taken out a team mate while i'm in a tank or mec, or how many times i've held fire until i get hit then realise it was the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Vash

i cant even get the game to open since the patch came out, i left my disk back in the states while i was home for xmas, makes me sad cause i enjoy randomly playing.

Does anyone know how to remedy this because the only fixed exe i can find only works for SP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I love that extra rocket now people are really gona be calling me a rocket whore.

Advertisement