Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2007 - Week 4

Options
  • 22-02-2007 4:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here are tonights matches and my verdict for each match:

Colin Lloyd V Roland Scholten

Both these players have been really struggling lately. Lloyd has yet to put in a good performance in the Premier League and Scholtens only point so far came in a draw against Taylor. Lloyd lost out to Lewis last week and Scholten has well beaten by Dennis Priestley. I feel that Lloyd wont continue to play as badly as he has done in the last few weeks and will up his game tonight. Scholten will have to hit his doubles if he wants to win but he has really been struggling with them lately.

Verdict: Lloyd to win this one, just. Scholten to score more 180's.

Adrian Lewis V Dennis Priestley

This match is the battle of the inform players. Lewis has been playing some great darts lately with some very high averages. he was clinical in beating Lloyd last week and scored very well. Priestley wasnt even troubled by Scholten as he won his match 8-3 to go top of the league. Priestley is a very hard player to beat because he is very consistent. The speed that Priestley plays at will not suit Lewis at all and this could make the difference. As long as Dennis can keep his consistency he will stay with Lewis for the duration of this match.

Verdict: Dennis Priestley (+2.5) and Lewis to score more 180's

Peter Manley V Phil Taylor

Its no secret that Phil Taylor has been struggling of late. He picked up his first win of the league last week as he beat Jenkins but he only averaged 92. He is struggling on his doubles but the win he got last week will have done him the world of good. Manley is playing the best darts of his life at the moment. He was fantastic in the Masters of Darts last week in getting to the final where he played Barney. Manley lost 7-0 in sets but Barney played some of the best darts I have ever seen in that game. If Manley can keep up his current form then I think he will run Taylor close but that final lose will have hurt him and I think that may make the difference.

Verdict: Phil Taylor to win and to score more 180's

Terry Jenkins V Raymond Van Barneveld

Terry Jenkins is a very consistent player but he has struggled a little of late. He played a very below par Phil Taylor last week but couldnt raise his game to his usual 94 average and ended up losing. I dont think Jenkins is used to the loud crowd that does be at Premier League venues and its causing him trouble. Barney has been in terrific form. He won the Masters of Darts title on Sunday night when he beat Peter Manley 7-0 in sets in the final. He averaged 107.9 and scored bag loads of 180's in what was the best performance I have ever seen by a darts player. Barney seems to be getting better and he will want to get back to winning ways after his surprise draw with Peter Manley last week.

Verdict: Barney to win and to score more 180's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think Scholten will come out tops against Lloyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

It should be a good match between manley and taylor..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well it wasnt! Was one sided but taylor played well.

Match of the night! Jenkins take a bow son! What a game both players averaging over the 100 mark and it took one hell of a final leg for Barney to draw. It had everything, a 170 checkout by Barney and consistent tonne plus checkouts by Jenkins and was unlucky to miss some. Great match.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah it really was a great match. Fair play to Jenkins for finally playing to his ability in front of the cameras. Supposedly he plays like that in the floor tournaments all the time. Barney was great on the 180's and he finished with a 108 average but I thought Jenkins was great to raise his game to the level that he did.

Fair play to my favourite player Priestley. I thought he would win it but to do it in that kind of fashion was brilliant. Lewis showed why he wont win a title anytime soon because he loses the head too easily. Steady Dennis put him off and it was a great performance. Delighted that he is on top of the league, fully deserved.

Taylor looked something like his old self again tonight. Sets up next weeks match against Barney nicely now. Good performance from Lloyd too to get his first win.

Good night of darts and I made a few quid as well to make it even better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Results from last night
    Colin Lloyd 8-5 Roland Scholten
    Adrian Lewis 1-8 Dennis Priestley
    Peter Manley 2-8 Phil Taylor
    Terry Jenkins 7-7 Raymond van Barnev

• Advertisement
Advertisement