Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lost.eu Game

Options
  • 22-02-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I'm sure anyone with MSN will have heard of this game by now. The aim of the game is to try get as many friends as possible to join up and is like the infamous pyramid scheme organisations in that the person who refers you continues to get points for every person that you refer and for every person that they refer. The game ends when there's 7 million people signed up and the winner (the person with the most points/referrals) gets $5000 while the remainder of the Top 10 get $500.

The money aspect is interesting, because immediately it creates an incentive for cheating. It costs nothing for people to sign up and there's a possible $5000 on the line. They say that "what's worth having, is worth cheating for" and I fear that this is what will taint the game. I also think that 7million people is a very, very ambitious target and the only way that they will reach that target is by having people cheat!

What do you guys think of it? Personally I think that it's just going to fizzle out. It's a nice concept, but it reminds me too much of the previous generation of viral games, games like Outwar which rewarded you with prizes for tricking people into visiting your page. It's for this reason that I also think it's a flawed concept and would just wish that everyone would just stop spamming their URLs on every site they can fathom!

Advertisement