Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb replacement question

Options
  • 22-02-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I havean old Compaq Armada Laptop with a physically damaged usb port (just the one on the motherboard). Obviously, repairing this is a big job, is there any Serial adaptor I could buy which would give me USB capacity ??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep serial to USB are available (Peats, Maplin or Marx Computers have them), also if you have a PCMCIA slot then you can get a PCMCIA USB card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm finding lots of serial to USB male adapters around, but nothing the in serial to USB female variety. If you have a PCMCIA slot, like Ruu says, you may have better luck finding what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm finding lots of serial to USB male adapters around, but nothing the in serial to USB female variety. If you have a PCMCIA slot, like Ruu says, you may have better luck finding what you need.

Thats exactly what I'm finding looking on the web.....RUU, any links to PCMCIA cards ot Serial adaptors which give a female USB to connect to.

Appreciate the help folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

THIS any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Looks like it will do the job...Thanks very much folks

• Advertisement
Advertisement