Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Analysis...

Options
  • 22-02-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, I bought an EVGA 680i the other day off gline on Adverts.ie (sure he probably lurks around here somewhere!)...

And here's the rest of the build to be coming from Komplett: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/barrelhousecat/newbuild.gif

I know there's some extra crap in there that I mightn't need (wristbands anyone? :)), but as a whole, does anyone have any suggestions? And does anyone know if that toolkit is any good, or is it crappy?

Thanks to everyone for their help over the past few weeks; Lord knows it's tough to make a decision on a new rig when you're deciding to spend serious money :D Oh, and I haven't actually put in this order yet, so it's not too late!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

All the core components look good...be aware that the P180 can be a little painful to get the wiring neat though.

The tool kit is a bit unnecessary...a couple of good philips screwdrivers and a needle-nose pliers are all that should be required TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

You will need to update the bios to rev.24 or the board is completly unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hopeful: I'm aware the toolkit's unnecessary; to be honest, it's 100% entirely an impulse purchase ;) I posted a thread inquiring about the toolkits they have in Maplin, but did't get any replies. I definitely need a decent PC toolkit, but that one's the only one they have on Komplett... Anyone have any recommendations?

TonyM: Do you have a founding / experience for this this assumption? I'm sure you wouldn't say it for the laugh, but can you be a bit more specific about "unstable"?

Cheers again for the replies, guys. Just got me an E6700 from Flaccus on Adverts for the excellent price of €290, so that'll help the bills (and the speed!) somewhat!

http://www.evga.com/Community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25339&whichpage=10

I spent all last week trying to get my board working even at stock speeds flashing the bios to rev 24 solved most of the problems you can read all about them on the Evga forum .I know some of these guys are trying to go 1600fsb on a board ment to go to 1333fsb ect. and the problems are common to all 680i boards but in my opinion the board was released before it was ready.
    My board is now running the qx6700 at 3300 mhz 275 x 12 (40c idle) i do not want to push it any more on air.

http://www.evga.com/Community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28369

Latest update from Evga all faulty boards can now be replaced .

• Advertisement
Advertisement