Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help.....

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,
    about 6 month ago i got my system of komplett , I noticed, it cant be put on "stand by"! Well I can... but it takes about half an hour....Nothing important , but quite annoying . Any suggestions to fix it?

My system:
    Asus a8n32-sli,amdX2 4400, 7900gt , 2gb OCZ ram , Seasonic s12 500w .

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Potentially a few reasons;

Bug in bios
    Bios misconfigured
    Software conflict

The first two can be possibly resolved by updating the bios & then clearing the CMOS afterwords this will result in the default settings being restored. Of course any changes you have made to the bios will need to be reinstated but I suggest you leave anything dealing with the power management alone.

This is the latest bios 1303 & this Asus tool will allow you to flash in Windows, once done power off the PC and clear the CMOS.

As for software issue there is a bug in XP to do with dual core CPU's have you installed the AMD dual core CPU driver which fixes a timing bug in 32-bit XP. It does not need to be installed in other version of Windows as they already have the fix.

Try that cocktail and see if the standby mode co-operates more quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Thanks for reply 8T8, like always you are the last hope for most of us. Ill give it a try on Sunday....

Advertisement