Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From yonder?

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all. Quite new to boards so was wondering if there is a section here for people who might originally be from another country but are now settled in Ireland (and want to chat to kindreds)? If not, does anyone think it might be a good idea? Or is better suited to other sites completely?

W

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think most people just use Abroad or go to the different sections under Region.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hiya Wisheress,

I don't think there's one specific section of boards for exactly what you're looking for. The best alternative I can think of is going to the appropriate Region forum for where you've settled, and asking if anyone else is from abroad. There's plenty of people on boards who aren't native to Ireland. Or you could just try finding people by asking on one of the general fora, like After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Where are you from anyway ,,might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Wisheress

Thanks guys for your replies.

Asian-Irish, well Irish-Asian actually in answer to your question Zambia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Wisheress wrote:
    Thanks guys for your replies.

Asian-Irish, well Irish-Asian actually in answer to your question Zambia!

Ok well I would follow Faiths advice. But come up with a few things you would like to know about the area you are in then people will be more than happy to sort out any issues you have.

If you are just looking for general chat i would just post that i after hours and see what sites you get directed to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement