Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone sold a car on adverts.ie over €10k

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Have a car on sale at mo on adverts and their is no reaction to it. Have looked at other ads and anything over the 10k ish mark is not getting any reaction. Is it worth putting an ad on there for any vehicle over the 10k mark?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

nah, i dont think so:D

most of boardsies are tight arses,lol. your better off with main stream advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Yes I thought so, have advertised everywhere online just in case!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I would waste your time, most people here are looking for a cheap fix for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agreed. They treat the place as a flea market rather than a decent place to get goods cheaper than normal. They expect a palace for pennies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Agreed. I sold a €30,000 car last w/e. No response from here, but 5 solid enquiries from Carzone.

First guy to view bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Agreed. I sold a €30,000 car last w/e. No response from here, but 5 solid enquiries from Carzone.

Yeah I was watching your car with interest, I bet you miss it !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes i sold a 05 golf last year for 22k.the buyer was really happy and satisfied.I also sold my uncles xc90 for 65k last year and at the moment selling a 96 polo.sdo my experience has been brilliant with carzone and you cant go wrong by paying 30 euro. i think its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might also depend on what type of car your selling and how realistic the asking price is.

bazz26 wrote:
    Might also depend on what type of car your selling and how realistic the asking price is.

Yes thats it if you want to sell quick then just reduce the price straight away and people will be interested whereas if you have it on expensive it might take ages to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

you can also place free adds on carfinder.ie and carsireland.ie. all you have to do is register with them as far as i remember.

• Advertisement

you can also place free adds on carfinder.ie and carsireland.ie. all you have to do is register with them as far as i remember.

yeah an sell the car after 10 years :) , whereas on carzone the cars i sold were sold in max 2-3 weeks.Now thats good an i great prices for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Carzone.ie definately has a bigger audience, only costs €30 and stays there until it is sold.

bazz26 wrote:
    Carzone.ie definately has a bigger audience, only costs €30 and stays there until it is sold.

Yeah thats the best thing 30 euro and it stays there until sold unlike autotrader and cbg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

techie wrote:
    Yeah I was watching your car with interest, I bet you miss it !! :)

It's being collected later on. I will miss it. The best modern car I ever owned without a doubt.

Same as me the first buyer bought my golf for 22k and the volvo jeep for 64k. I really like carzone and never advertise else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

drdre wrote:
    Same as me the first buyer bought my golf for 22k and the volvo jeep for 64k. I really like carzone and never advertise else where.

Do you work for carzone?
    You have repeated yourself about it being great several times on this thread already. We get the message :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Henry,
    may I ask why you sold the ST ? Lovely car alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

prospect wrote:
    Do you work for carzone?
    You have repeated yourself about it being great several times on this thread already.

Only about 5 times!

techie - people do look for bargains here alright, so unless your car happens to be the lowest priced one in it's range, you'll always have someone putting up a link to a cheaper one. At the same time, it is a free service, so you have f**k all to lose by putting it up there.

There have been a load of carzone v autotrader v cbg threads been posted here, but for what it's worth, carzone is cheap, stays up till sold, nice to use and all that - but CBG got me the calls when I was selling last year. Not one call from carzone.

The one thing I found with CBG is that I had to double check the advert each and every time it goes to print. Now, they did correct the problems each time, but it was a bit of a nuisance. Aside from the advert not being put in as a premium ad, typos (not mine) in the text, photos not appearing etc - on one occasion, they managed to put my mobile number in the advert for a load of VWs, so I was plagued with calls until the next magazine came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eoin_s wrote:
    At the same time, it is a free service, so you have f**k all to lose by putting it up there

Exactly. Also, adverts.ie is relatively new. It takes time for people to become aware of it as a channel for buying and selling cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

oviously the cars weren't yours dre because you were asking before about getting your first car at the auctions... so watch out. I heard the revenue and consumer affairs are after people selling cars and pretending they're not dealers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

try www.carfinder.ie - new irish car site - free to advertise for private sales

JoeA3 wrote:
    Henry,
    may I ask why you sold the ST ? Lovely car alright!

Employees scheme car. I change cars regularly. Private sales are much cleaner.

The chap who is buying is getting a lovely car, factory warranteed, and at a good price too.

Zascar wrote:
    try www.carfinder.ie - new irish car site - free to advertise for private sales

Is carfinder owned by OTTO the car parts company?

unkel wrote:
    Exactly. Also, adverts.ie is relatively new. It takes time for people to become aware of it as a channel for buying and selling cars

Well, there was always the FS: Motors section before adverts.ie and that was just a troll fest - especially when trying to sell a car of the Italian variety ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Little has changed; any poor bugger selling a punto now has to put up with spurious offers from a certain californian hip hop producer...

Mind you, BMW sellers get spurious questions about their wares, so its hard to know which is worse.

Mind you, BMW sellers get spurious questions about their wares, so its hard to know which is worse.

Brilliant, I get to go through it all again so!

Advertisement