Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight's UEFA Cup action

• 22-02-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

AS Nancy v Shakhtar Donetsk (agg 1-1)
    AZ v Fenerbahce (agg 3-3)
    Ajax v Werder Bremen (agg 0-3)
    Blackburn v Bayer Leverkusen (agg 2-3)
    Celta Vigo v Spartak Moscow (agg 1-1)
    Dinamo Bucuresti v Benfica (agg 0-1)
    Espanyol v Livorno (agg 2-1)
    Maccabi Haifa v CSKA Moscow (agg 0-0)
    Newcastle v Zulte-Waregem (agg 0-0)
    Osasuna v Bordeaux (agg 0-0)
    PSG v AEK Athens (agg 2-0)
    Panathinaikos v Lens (agg 0-0)
    Parma v Braga (agg 0-0)
    Rangers v Hapoel Tel-Aviv (agg 1-2)
    Sevilla v Steaua Bucuresti (agg 2-0)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Leverkusen 0-0 Blackburn FT. Leverkusen advance.
    AZ 2-2 Fenerbache FT. AZ advance

Nancy 0-1 Shaktar FT. Shaktar advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

AZ 2-2 Fenerbache FT. AZ advance

5-5 on agg :D

kdjac

Rangers 1-0 up against Hapoel, they'll go through on away goals if it stays that way.

Benfica winning 2-1 in Bucharest, 2nd half (3-1 up on agg)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Delighted to see AZ and Shakhtar through. Strong competition this year. Newcastle are on TG4. They're terrible, all their players off form.

• Advertisement

Dinamo 1-2 Benfica FT. Benfica advance.

Rangers 2-0 up now, looking good to advance.

Sevilla 1-0 against Steaua.

Maccabi Haifa 1-0 CSKA Moscow FT. Haifa advance.

I don't know what's up with CSKA. This lot that Rangers are playing are absolutely terrible. Even in the first leg they played like the away team. Macabbi Haifa are midtable in the Israeli league.

Barcodes 1 up, Martins goal from a Duff assist.

Ajax take a 2-1 lead at home to Bremen but trail 4-2 on agg. Well into 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Celta 2 up against Spartak, should go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

3-1 to ajax now.

Ajax still need another 2 because of away goals.

Braga snatch a 1-0 win @ Parma despite being down to 10 men, 2-0 win on agg. Meet Spurs in next round, my flights are booked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Zulte Waregem are complete no hopers, Rangers/Newcastle should be thankful to have effectively gotten bye's.

Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Zulte Waregem are complete no hopers, Rangers/Newcastle should be thankful to have effectively gotten bye's.
    Which is why it's very strange that CSKA couldn't score against a worse team than Hapoel.

Sorry for the lack of updates, was booking flights to Oporto for Braga...:D

PSG 2-0 AEK FT. PSG advance.

Barcodes 1-0 Zulte W FT. Barcodes advance.

Sevilla 1-0 Steaua FT. Sevilla advance.

Celta 2-1 Spartak Moscow FT. Celta advance.

Panathinaikos 0-0 Lens FT. Lens advance (3-1 on agg, despite what the first post says)

Rangers 4-0 Hapoel Tel Aviv FT. Rangers advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Go on the magpies! Any chance of winning it d'ye think?
    Some decent teams left in there but I think we can beat anyone on our day. Today was not one of those days! The Uefa Cup is definitely winnable though.

Toon army advance to last 16! Go on the magpies! Any chance of winning it d'ye think?

They have AZ who a few years ago were everyones 2nd team, now they fairly crap. If newcastle continue playing as is in Europe they prolly get tru that round.

Braga v Tottenham
    Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen
    Lens v Bayer Leverkusen
    Maccabi Haifa v Espanyol
    Newcastle v AZ
    PSG v Benfica
    Rangers v Osasuna
    Sevilla v Shakhtar Donetsk

Sevilla imo the best team there but if they have to choose between league and uefa i think they may field a weakened side (some of the players tonight got 2nd starts of the season, Kershatov in particular). Some decent games there, altho noone really watches it the games generally do be good.

kdjac

I can't see Newcastle getting past AZ. AZ are excellent travellers and haven't been beaten at home in Europe in 30 years. They're conceding a lot but they won't have trouble scoring against Newcastle's defence.

Some really excellent matches there.

Braga v Tottenham
    Newcastle v AZ
    PSG v Benfica

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Braga v Tottenham
    Celta Vigo v Werder Bremen
    Lens v Bayer Leverkusen
    Maccabi Haifa v Espanyol
    Newcastle v AZ
    PSG v Benfica
    Rangers v Osasuna

Reckon Sevilla and Bremen are the two best sides left in it.

Some interesting ties in the last 16...the bottom 4 listed could all go either way TBH.

I don't care either way, I've my flights and hotel booked for two nights in Portugal. :cool:

eirebhoy wrote:
    I can't see Newcastle getting past AZ. AZ are excellent travellers and haven't been beaten at home in Europe in 30 years.
    Meh. Newcastle have an excellent record against Dutch opposition in recent seasons. Their league is muck and AZ only lie in 3rd.

UEFA Cup 04-05 Heerenveen (a) Won 2-1
    UEFA Cup 04-05 Heerenveen (h) Won 2-1

UEFA Cup 03-04 PSV Eindhoven (a) Drew 1-1
    UEFA Cup 03-04 PSV Eindhoven (h) Won 2-1

UEFA Cup 03-04 NAC Breda (h) Won 5-0
    UEFA Cup 03-04 NAC Breda (a) Won 1-0

Champs Lg 02-03 Feyenoord (a) Won 3-2

Do the teams on the left play 1st leg at home? If so it's a tough one for Seville.
    kinaldo wrote:
    Meh. Newcastle have an excellent record against Dutch opposition in recent seasons. Their league is muck and AZ only lie in 3rd.
    Who knows. Newcastle's defence is really terrible in fairness. AZ take teams apart when they're in the mood.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Do the teams on the left play 1st leg at home? If so it's a tough one for Seville.

Yes.

kinaldo wrote:

:confused:

Newcastle are 9th and have won 10 league games all season, hardly a case for comparing league and league position as some sort of superiority and also got into Europe via the same way as Eircom league teams.. I would go as far to say newcastle are muck in the league this season. But in Europe they are playing very well. Still think they will beat AZ but not in a league game :p

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    :confused:

Newcastle are 9th and have won 10 league games all season, hardly a case for comparing league and league position as some sort of superiority and also got into Europe via the same way as Eircom league teams.. I would go as far to say newcastle are muck in the league this season. But in Europe they are playing very well. Still think they will beat AZ but not in a league game :p

kdjac
    I just don't fear any team from that league. In what European match have Newcastle played well this season? I don't remember any tbh. We're unbeaten in 12 without hardly breaking sweat, and at times playing abysmal. In the league we're getting better. Martins continues to improve and injuries are clearing up.

kinaldo wrote:
    I just don't fear any team from that league. In what European match have Newcastle played well this season? I don't remember any tbh. We're unbeaten in 12 without hardly breaking sweat, and at times playing abysmal. In the league we're getting better. Martins continues to improve and injuries are clearing up.

Do you fear teams from the championship then? Or is Eredivise poorer than that you?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Do you fear teams from the championship then?

kdjac
    No, and you haven't answered my question.
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Or is Eredivise poorer than that you?
    English please!

Advertisement