Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday indoor activity

Options
  • 23-02-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a suggestion for a non-alcoholic thing to do on Saturday day, before the game? Somewhere in county Galway. Or city outskirts.

I've a friend coming over and we're thinking of a drive but I hear it's gonna rain and so need something nice to do indoors in the morning/lunch. It's a she so horses and that stuff could work, if it's indoors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

biko wrote:
    Anyone have a suggestion for a non-alcoholic thing to do on Saturday day, before the game? Somewhere in county Galway. Or city outskirts

Cinema/Bowling/A nice lunch/A drive around can be cool too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

C'mon she's a girl, it's raining, you're stuck indoors, got nothing to do.

Put it together yourself.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Go to Cong.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll just bring her to Birr Castle Gardens and Sunday lunch at Ashford Castle
    Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There's a nice walk through the woods between Cong and Ashford castle. I forget where the path comes out onto the grounds, but it was good fun to cycle through that weekend in a childhood summer far away in the mists of time long since past.

• Advertisement

If you park at castle there is a forest road leading into woods west of the castle. They have horses and stuff in there.
    Guess you need to cross the golf course if you want to go to Cong.

Hey maybe the Quiet Man cottage? Maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

well what did you do? im looking for something to do this weekend without involving alcohol for as long as humanly possible!

Went to Birr Saturday. Was really nice, the gardens are fantastic.
    Sunday out to Hill of Doon.
    Good weekend altogether.

Advertisement