Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First cars NOW helicopters

Options
  • 23-02-2007 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Whats going on in ireland? People have loads of money to spend on gadgets like these.Sports and classic "a company based in dublin" who sell cars like rolls royce phantom, Ferrari ,aston martin's and now have a helicopter for sale

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=610290

I just thought i'd post this up so you can view your dream machine !!!:D

My dream machine is the new Honda private jet coming out this year..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Look at the registration.. you'd want to be careful where you flew that thing! Amazing how similar an N and H can be at a distance! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Give them all provisional licences LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Look at the registration.. you'd want to be careful where you flew that thing! Amazing how similar an N and H can be at a distance! :p

Yeah you might be shot down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Idiots didn't even include a price....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It looks abit like an airfix chopper, wouldn't like to be up in her with a bit of wind blowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

where do i sign. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I want one! I would fly pver the M50 laughing at all the fools in their wheel driven vehicles :D

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    It looks abit like an airfix chopper, wouldn't like to be up in her with a bit of wind blowing.

Yeah the wind would blow it away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Futureman wrote:
    Idiots didn't even include a price....

If you have to ask the price ...

Tipsy Mac wrote:

It's a perfectly acceptable rotorwing, they have to be built light, even the more expensive hughes executive choppers are quite flimsy when you get into them. Personally, I'd love to have a go off this. The avionics are a bit basic, and the cyclic gaiters are either mouldy or worn, but it looks sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

drdre wrote:
    Yeah the wind would blow it away :)

Something would have to.

Engine: 0.2L petrol!

milltown wrote:
    Something would have to.

Engine: 0.2L petrol!

:D , wow thats a small engine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

about 5 years ago it was to have a subaru at rallys around the country now its a helicopter... about 20-50 per rally.. like flys...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

drdre wrote:
    :D , wow thats a small engine
    I have a 3.3cc engine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Its an RC Helicopter aint it? Thats what it looks like anyway....

DeBeere wrote:
    Its an RC Helicopter aint it? Thats what it looks like anyway....

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

ned78 wrote:
    It's a perfectly acceptable rotorwing, they have to be built light, even the more expensive hughes executive choppers are quite flimsy when you get into them. Personally, I'd love to have a go off this. The avionics are a bit basic, and the cyclic gaiters are either mouldy or worn, but it looks sound.

Yeah, cyclic gaiters, avionics, I was thinking the same thing myself...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

http://www.vortechonline.com/specials/exec90hb.htm
    Second hand in the US its the price of an SUV :D
    Its not as fast as a car however you are not limited to roads so would work out faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

0.2 litre yeah right! 2.5 more like it id say. Anyways it looks kinda mice actually for a kit job. Wonder what fuel consumption is like? Could it actually work out cheaper for long journeys and way faster obviously! Except the countless hours training...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

It's a real two seat 'executive' chopper, .2l engine, runs on standard unleaded petrol and price tage is €90k

• Advertisement

It's a real two seat 'executive' chopper, .2l engine, runs on standard unleaded petrol and price tage is €90k

90k for a new one or used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its good value when you consider the price of a decent car nowadays, I was in the U.K. 2 weeks ago looking at a couple of secondhand ones and you'll buy a good one for less than 90k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

This is probably too stupid a question to even be asked, but can you use one like a car as and when you like o would you have to notify the powers that be when you wanted to take her to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

ive noticed that there are quite a few helicopters in around citywest hotel, near sport and classic. im betting that the helicopter is owned by someone around there.

my dream "toy" would have to be a G450 private jet :)

junkyard wrote:
    Its good value when you consider the price of a decent car nowadays, I was in the U.K. 2 weeks ago looking at a couple of secondhand ones and you'll buy a good one for less than 90k.

Are you going to buy a helicopter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

tdc wrote:
    ive noticed that there are quite a few helicopters in around citywest hotel, near sport and classic. im betting that the helicopter is owned by someone around there.

my dream "toy" would have to be a G450 private jet :)

They own quite a few choppers. And a lot of everything else. It's not owned by the mansfields though, too small. Besides, they've got their own airport to store helicopters in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Isn't there a restriction on flying over areas with over 500 people, be it homes or parades/etc

drdre wrote:
    Are you going to buy a helicopter?
    As soon as I have my license and a bit of experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Of course you should also realise that you'd be looking at spending a minimum of €20K (& probably a lot more) to get trained up to private pilot level for one of these as well - and that if you're able for it. Flying a helicopter is beyond many people no matter how many hours training is involved.

• Advertisement

Well I'm half way there now, so far so good.

Advertisement