Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who passed the test first time?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

1th timer here too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm 17 just got my provisional and applied for my test in limerick 2 well thats what comes up on the website(old cratloe road i believe)
    Suprised by the amount of people who passed 1st go, gives me a sense of ignorance that shouldn't be there
    My bro failed his 1st time round and if i was to pass 1st time it would be a lifetime of gloating in the pocket earned

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

1huge1 wrote:
    Suprised by the amount of people who passed 1st go
    People who passed first time would probably be more inclined to post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope! 3rd go. First attempt was just too soon. Second was perfectly good and should have passed dammit.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Nope! 3rd go. First attempt was just too soon. Second was perfectly good and should have passed dammit

Exactly the same for me! The examiner mumbled something about being too competent the second time, but my driving was just about perfect. Perhaps he wasn't used to it? :confused:

The third time around I was so nervous I drove like an automaton - doing nothing wrong so I passed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Passed the car test first in in Tralee (parents sat on the wall watching me pull off which was a bit off-putting!) and a few years later passed the bike test in Cork (much easier).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

i think people who didn't pass first time would probably ignore this poll, or just lied! cos the vast majority of people fail first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 byrnemx

i did mine in naas/newbridge, handy! u spend most of the time driving dead straight on a dual carraige way into newbridge. piece of wee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Wow this is a great thread just what i wanted to hear,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055058262
    :(

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Failed first time, honestly believe he knew before I even got in the car cos said, 'We've had a lot passing today,' as I got in the car. I drove very well but failed on observation. Think he had hit his quota!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

byrnemx wrote:
    i think people who didn't pass first time would probably ignore this poll, or just lied! cos the vast majority of people fail first time

http://www.drivingtest.ie/frameset.html

53% according to gov stats (SGS tests not including AFAIK).

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

PS. Passed first time in my own car, had been driving for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

C.D. wrote:
    http://www.drivingtest.ie/frameset.html

53% according to gov stats (SGS tests not including AFAIK).

53% is the pass rate, just in case it wasn't clear.

Think he had hit his quota!
    I don't believe that for one minute. It's regularly trotted out. From all the categories I have done, I never had any reason to suspect that there were quotas. When I failed, I deserved to fail. (If anything, it would be in the department's interest to bump up the pass rate!)
    opus wrote:
    and a few years later passed the bike test in Cork (much easier).
    I failed the bike test first time and found it to be the most difficult by a long way. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes for car and bike

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Yes on the bike.
    No on the car.

Something fundamentally wrong with that... although I was a bit thick to think I could just crack a cast off my leg and go driving in a strange car on test day.

Re-testing tomorrow. I should pass once I stay relaxed and don't have a brain fart or two.

Edit: Passed the stupid thing. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Failed it today :( 11 grade 2's - you're allowed 8 if im right?

Messed up the around the corner reversing which was usually what I am best at.

Back to end of the queue................ :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

1st time in car & 1st time in Artic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Passed on my 2nd attempt at the Rathgar testing center in Dec 2006. Failed in Churchtown 6 weeks before that.

Mad Dog wrote:
    1st time in car & 1st time in Artic ;)
    Presumably not first time in 'C' then. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement