Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coughing

• 23-02-2007 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

I can't stop coughing. Its a tickly cough and comes once every 10-30 seconds although sometimes I get a couple of minutes relief. Ive been taking honey to help sooth it.

Its almost bedtime and I fear I wont be able to sleep. Any ideas ? Doing my head in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

eat something? we used to have clove drops at home which you could gargle and they would have a numbing effect but I doubt that's much help. I know the feeling, so so annoying!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Couple shots of..... as an alternative? Many cough medicines contain something similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do you smoke? sounds kind of like the smokers cough I had a couple of years ago.. all that cured it for me was time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Go to the Pharmacist and describe the type of cough you have. They can give you a cough bottle which helps to ease it when you want to go to sleep.

It's a pain I know, I've been battlinig with a cough for the last 2 weeks.

Otherwise honey and lemon mixed in hot water helps to ease it a bit.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

could be a chest infection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you've had it for an extended period, several days, you should see a GP as it can be a symptom of something serious. Short term, try a cough suppressant from a pharmacist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

In much the same boat. Got benylin in the chemist. Seems to be working was way worst yesterday and day before, not so bad now, and every time I cough my abs kill me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Tusky,
    You should know at this stage that we don't do medical advice.
    Go talk to your GP if it continues.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement