Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp motherboard

Options
  • 23-02-2007 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

my psp is bricked , and i know i have 3 opitons:
    -buy new one
    -get modchip- cheapest i can find ,incl installation, is over the cost of new psp
    -get new motherboard-cheapest i can find is 80 pounds sterling,incl installiation -http://www.psptree.co.uk/item--PSP-motherboard-replacement-v2-81--Repair10.html

anyone give me links to cheapest place for buying psps or motherboards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

#Elites wrote:
    you can get a modchip for 60€ that fixes bricked ones..but you need to install yourself...might be worth a go.

Unless you have some really good soldering equipment and decent magnification that psp modchip is almost impossible to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Qwert, i would be interested to know your firmware, motherboard type and situation before teh brick, as i am interested in softmodding myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

what firmware was it?
    if it was any on dark alex's ones...
    hold the L1 and R1 when you turn it on, that'll boot into rescue mode so you can install firmware 1.5 and so on to install a dark alex version again

Qwert, i would be interested to know your firmware, motherboard type and situation before teh brick, as i am interested in softmodding myself.

Nevermind. Forced myself to do it this morning. It sucks that people like me that come across a non TA-82 or whatever MoBo with a 2.80 FW for €50 can do this succesfully, while others are not so lucky.:(

I feel for those who have bricked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Yea its a shame when that happens to a psp. But they are the risks you take when you try to flash the firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

it was upgraded my by bro last year to 2.8[the idiot] from 2.00[version it was was when i got it,dec 05] and its not a T-082 motherboard

might try that L1-R1 thing.....but i bricked downgrading to 1.5, never got as far as the Dark Alex stuff,although was going to

Ahh you probably dont have the recovery mode option then. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

I bricked mine as well a while back and sent to a crowd in UK to fix it, basically they just reflash the motherboard. Cost me something like £60. Only problem I had with them is when I got my PSP back, my UMD laser is screwed. I'm not sure though whether its them who screwed it up. Let me know if you want their address.

Yeah [V3], the same thing is supposed to be wrong with my PSP only i have no UMD's to try it out. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ChaosTheory

I got my psp mobo off eBay for €75, it was a 1.5 EU version, now I'm running Dark_Alex's newest custom firmware and i can play ps1 games on it. I made a video on me playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuV6R_VooKc

I also got my friend a broken psp, all that was wrong on it was it had a cracked screen that's it and he had bricked his so we just switch the screens, easy...wrong, you have to be very careful with the tiny black-light wire and those little tabs/clips that break so easily!

• Advertisement
Advertisement