Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Funnies

Options
  • 23-02-2007 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that
    flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, "What would you like to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know", said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?" "OK" she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass, the same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?" The stranger thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." to which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shít?"

-=-=-=-=-

Joe passed away. His will provided $30,000 for an elaborate funeral.As the last guests departed the affair, his wife, Helen, turned to her oldest friend.
    "Well, I'm sure Joe would be pleased," she said.
    "I'm sure you're right," replied Jody, who lowered her voice and leaned in close.
    "How much did this really cost?"
    "All of it," said Helen. "Thirty thousand."
    "No!" Jody exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice, but $30,000?"
    Helen answered. "The funeral was $6,500. I donated $500 to the church. The wake, food and drinks were another $500. The rest went for the memorial stone."
    Jody computed quickly. "$22,500 for a memorial stone? My God, how big is it?!"
    "Two and a half carats."

-=-=-=-=-

John the farmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens), called "pullets", and ten roosters, whose job it was to fertilize the eggs (for you city folks).
    The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of his time, so he bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.
    Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells. The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, and a very fine specimen he was, too.
    But on this particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! John went to investigate.
    The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.
    But to Farmer John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He would sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.
    John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.
    The result..The judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but they also awarded him the Pullet-surprise as well.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hagar wrote:
    The judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but they also awarded him the Pullet-surprise as well.
    :)

lol.Very good.

Advertisement