Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best yet worst from europe

Options
  • 23-02-2007 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

Weekend of 1st Dec 2006
    England = Man Utd 8/15 Away W
    Scotland = Celtic 1/4 Home W
    Spain = Villareal 2/5 Home W
    Italy = Inter Milan 1/6 Home W
    France = Lyon 1/2 Away W
    Germany = Bayern Munich 2/9 Home D
    Ireland = Portadown 2/5 Away W
    Austria = Salzburg 1/5 Home D
    Belgium = Genk 1/3 Home W
    Greece = AEK Athens 1/6 Home W
    Holland = Ajax 1/7 Home W
    Portugal = Porto 2/7 Home W
    Switzerland = St Gallen 4/9 Home W

Lads i tried this only once before on another forum. I dont know why but i never bothered trying again but anyway the idea is i just pick one team from each country around europe with the worst odds. The last time i picked 13 teams which worked out at 30.84/1. 11 won and 2 drew so of course i lost my bet but i'l go at it again to see how i get on. Here goes

England : Liverpool 3/10 v Sheff utd

Scotland Queen of the south v Hibernian 1/3

Spain: Barcelona 2/7 v Athletic bilbao

Italy: Roma 3/10 v Reggina

France: Lyon 1/3 v Sochaux

Germany: Bayern Munich 4/11 v Wolfsburg (Bayern let me down last time)

Austria: Salzberg 2/7 v Grazer AK (Salzberg let me down last time)

Belgium: Genk 3/10 v Roeselare

Greece: Panathinaikos 1/6 v Iraklis

Holland: PSV Eindhoven 2/9 v Groningen

Portugal: Sporting Lisbon 1/6 v Aves

Switzerland: Grasshoppers 1/3 v AARAU

Turkey: Galatasary 1/5 v Denizlispor

22.44/1 this weekend

Right i've done a little bit of research on the 13 teams which i picked out for this weekend to try filter out any dodgy ones. Here's what i came up with.

Liverpool v Sheff utd 3/10 Home win YES
    Going on home form Liverpool as we all know have one of the best around at the moment.
    Sheffield Utds away form aint the worst (w3 d1 l9) but nothing special either beating strugglers watford and wigan.
    Newcastle has to be said was a good result beating them 1-0. They also held Man city to a 0-0 draw.
    I still think Liverpool have enough to beat them.

Queen of the south v Hibernian Away win 1/3 YES
    Being a Cup game i was thinking i should avoid this one but QOTS are lying rock bottom of div1 and Hibs are doing
    ok so really this should be a stroll in the park for Hibs but being a cup game it wont be that simple but i still think
    Hibs have enough to beat them and with that have a realistic chance of silverware here.
    I think the dream is over for QOTS.

Barcelona 2/7 v Athletic bilbao Home win NO
    Now this is an interesting one. Barcelona like liverpool have an excellent home record but with all the
    nonsense going on with eto and ronaldhino seems to have shook the Barcelona camp up and that showed tonight against the Pool.
    This is not the only reason i'm staying away from this bet though
    Athletic Bilbao are having a better run away from home and have gathered more points on their travels so
    this one should be avoided.

Roma 3/10 v Reggina YES
    Roma are another team who have an excellent home record only getting beaten once to Inter Milan 1-0
    Regginas away record again is not the worst but the 3 teams they have beaten away are the three teams above them.
    Like the Liverpool game i would expect Roma are good enough to take Reggina at home.

Bayern Munich 4/11 v Wolfsburg Away win NO
    Bayern are nothing but a pain in the arse for me. They have let me down on a few occasions and are a big doubt.
    Their away record leaves alot to be desired but are to be fair are pretty sound at home.
    My other concern about Bayern is their goal difference. +7 is pretty dreadful for a team that is in 4th position
    compared to the others above. Wolfsburgs confidence wouldve been givin a huge boost too after coming back from 2 nil down
    to grab a draw drom the flying shalke04. This game aint gonna be easy for Bayern methinks and i'm not gonna let
    those feckers do me again.

Salzberg 2/7 v Grazer AK Home win YES
    Salzberg are running away with this league and again have yet to be beaten at home
    I noticed they havent played since 9th dec?? Not sure why that is?? Anyway they have been on decent run of form
    winning 3 and drawing 1 from their last 4. Grazers away form is (W2 D4 L4) both wins are against rapid vienna and
    sturm graz who are both below Grazers. Salzberg should do the business.

Genk 3/10 v Roeselare YES
    Genk again unbeaten at home and in fact are the only team in the Jupiter league that can brag about that.
    Roesalare on the other hand are terrible away from home (W1 D3 L6). Two things that would concern me is
    the one team they did beat away were Club Brugge on the 27th jan who were also unbeaten until then and
    Roeselere are not on the worst run of form at the moment. This one is a tough call but i'l stick my head out and
    go for the home win because of Genks record at home and also it must be taken into account the beat
    both 4th and 5th comfortably over the last two weeks.

Panathinaikos 1/6 v Iraklis Home win YES
    This should be a handy enough game for the home side with Irakilis on a bad run of form and not much
    away from home (W2 D1 L7) one of them being ionikos (shamble of a team and probably worth looking at also who are away from home
    this weekend) Panathinaikos on the other hand are doing fine at the moment only getting beaten once in the last 7 games
    which were PAOK who are well up there.

PSV Eindhoven 2/9 v Groningen Home win NO
    This one might be worth avoiding. PSV who to be fair are on top and also have a fantastic home record have stumbled
    a little over the last few games. Groningens away form isnt too bad either (W4 D2 L6)
    so they could well give PSV a good run for their money.

Sporting Lisbon 1/6 v Aves Home win YES
    Sporting should easily overcome Aves here. Lisbons home form is pretty good at the moment while Aves
    have yet to get 3 points on the road away form is (W0 D2 L6) and of the two drawa the two teams are nothing special.
    Aves have lost 4 and drawn 2 from their last six games so surely Lisbon can take full points here to
    try close the gap on Benfica and Porto.

Grasshoppers 1/3 v AARAU Home win NO
    For me looking at the stats on Grasshoppers they seem to be a bit hit and miss and to be honest are on bad form right now.
    AARAU however are shocking away from home (W1 D0 L9) but still might grab something here. Looking at it now 1/3 seems pretty miserable
    considering Grasshoppers current form.

Galatasary 1/5 v Denizlispor YES
    Yet again Galatasarys form shows they have yet to be beaten at home. It has to be said away they are not great but at home
    they have been winning pretty comfortably and the last 3 games shows 4-0 2-0 and 3-1. Denizlispor have not won in the last 10 games
    losing 6 and drawing 3. Based on Home form here and current away form it's gotta be a big YES.

Now if i take the 8 teams which i reckon are near certainties it works out at

Liverpool 3/10
    HIbernina 1/3
    Roma 3/10
    Salzberg 2/7
    Genk 3/10
    Panathinaikos 1/6
    Sporting Lisbon 1/6
    Galatasary 1/5

Totals 5.15/1 so alot of value gone from it but i will give both bets a bash this weekend

Opinions welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

good post, good research, i like the bet, i might just join you with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Glenbhoy wrote:
    good post, good research, i like the bet, i might just join you with it!!

You know Glenbhoy i was at it for a bit checking up on all the current form etc.. and guess what. Galatasary and Lisbon both get held to a draw last night. :eek: Feel like a bit of a tit but thats gambling for you:D Anyway i did a small bet with the remaining fixtures so hopefully they can go on and win.

No worries DunLaoire, thanks to your post I' now waiting on barca, Roma and some 1/10 shot tomorrow for 250 for a 25 bet!! That's always nice!
    Seriously though, it was a damned good post, we're not getting too many on here this past while (where have you gone Pighead?)/ Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

an interesting concept,i might give it a go

Glenbhoy wrote:
    No worries DunLaoire, thanks to your post I' now waiting on barca, Roma and some 1/10 shot tomorrow for 250 for a 25 bet!! That's always nice!
    Seriously though, it was a damned good post, we're not getting too many on here this past while (where have you gone Pighead?)/ Thanks anyway.

Cheers mate. The draws again have murdered me but i will go at it again. The more i stick to it the more i should hopefully learn about the teams. I know like any sport you need luck but knowledge goes a long way too. Another thing i tried was handicap betting +1. I done it yesterday for the first time and am just waiting on stoke tomorrow. Sunderland 1/5 Wolves 1/8 West Brom 1/3 and Stoke 1/9. I'm in a situation now where i cant lose if i back Barnsley:D I will say though the value is pretty crap but who cares once it comes in right?;) It was only evens money for the 4 teams

• Advertisement

England : Liverpool 3/10 v Sheff utd W

Scotland Queen of the south v Hibernian 1/3 W

Spain: Barcelona 2/7 v Athletic bilbao W

Italy: Roma 3/10 v Reggina W

France: Lyon 1/3 v Sochaux D

Germany: Bayern Munich 4/11 v Wolfsburg W

Austria: Salzberg 2/7 v Grazer AK W

Belgium: Genk 3/10 v Roeselare W

Greece: Panathinaikos 1/6 v Iraklis W

Holland: PSV Eindhoven 2/9 v Groningen W

Portugal: Sporting Lisbon 1/6 v Aves D

Switzerland: Grasshoppers 1/3 v AARAU W

Turkey: Galatasary 1/5 v Denizlispor D

22.44/1 this weekend

Shot down on Friday with 2 draws. Look forward to next weekends fixtures see what we can muster up.

Mine came in easily Dun Laoire, was waiting on Barce, Roma and Panathinaikos yesterday. TBH it's a bet I do regularly but not with the research you put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well well well, I did this last night with an array of games around Europe. All was well until I checked what I thought was a banker result with Inter to win @ 1-4. They cost me my entire accumulator which had reached 28-1. Ugh, irritating. Anyway, it's a tactic I might use again in future. I think the fact that there were alot of cup games on may negate form in a couple of cases so I shall stick to the league in future!

besty wrote:
    Well well well, I did this last night with an array of games around Europe. All was well until I checked what I thought was a banker result with Inter to win @ 1-4. They cost me my entire accumulator which had reached 28-1. Ugh, irritating. Anyway, it's a tactic I might use again in future. I think the fact that there were alot of cup games on may negate form in a couple of cases so I shall stick to the league in future!
    same here,bastards let me down aswell,think the odds were around the 22-1 mark

the worst odds on tonights card

Lokomotiv Moscow v Amkar
    20th of June 2007 4:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Lokomotiv Moscow @ 4 - 9
    Molde v Notodden
    20th of June 2007 6:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Molde @ 2 - 7
    Sparta Sarpsborg v Ham-kam
    Win-Draw-Win
    Ham-kam @ 4 - 7
    Lov Ham v Bodo Glimt
    Win-Draw-Win
    Bodo Glimt @ 8 - 13
    Bryne v Haugesund
    Win-Draw-Win
    Bryne @ 5 - 6
    Moss v Skeid
    Win-Draw-Win
    Moss @ 2 - 7
    Sogndal v Kongsvingur
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sogndal @ 8 - 11
    Honefoss v Mandalskameratene
    Win-Draw-Win
    Honefoss @ 2 - 5
    Brann v Aalesunds
    Win-Draw-Win
    Brann @ 4 - 11
    Skovde Aik v Kalmar Ff
    Win-Draw-Win
    Kalmar Ff @ 2 - 9
    Hafnarfjordur v Breidablik Kopavogur
    20th of June 2007 9:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Hafnarfjordur @ 1 - 3

Bet Type: Accumulator (11)
    Stake per Line: €1.00

Potential Returns: €59.71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

An 11 match accumulator at 5/1.... I can't see the sense tbh. Picking favourites because they're favourites will always do you over the course of 11 matches.

the stake is 1 euro not 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

ah!....thats more like it! Should've looked a little closer. Good luck!

first team playing let me down

Advertisement