Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club3D Radeon X1600Pro - €90

Options
  • 23-02-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

seen this in Komplette for €90

Club3D Radeon X1600Pro 256MB, GDDR3 PCI-Express, 2xDVI/Tv-Out, Retail

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=330212&view=detailed

under their weekly offers - is it a bargain ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Not bad but your are better of with an X1650 Pro €105 in the same price ball park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Or a 7600GS for 97, which is better then the X1600pro and both those cards in some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ive been out of the loop foe a while . Are nvidia still better for Open GL games?

Yep. Although in some benchmarks, the 7600gs beats the X1600pro easily in titles like Doom 3 and Quake IV and even some dx titles, but the X1600 pulls ahead when you enable aa and af...

Although in most modern games you wouldn't be able to enable aa and af anyway with either card (unless other graphics settings where on low), so it's not a huge deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Thanks a million .. I have a new dual core Dell and the graphics card fails every now and again and loads the vga driver - I have to use the dell reset tool to get it back - sometimes this doesn't work first time so bit of a pain.

Quick Q .. if I was to change to vista later would the cards recommended in the thread here be 100% compatible ?

• Advertisement

Yeah they'd be more then enough. Even Intels integrated cards are fine for Vista premium.

your card at the moment is 7300LE or X1300pro I take it? Either way, that shouldn't be happening, so if driver reinstalls doesn't fix the problem you might want to get back to dell about it

It's a 7300LE .. should really call em up I suppose .. but it's really painfull these days.:(

Hey Havok did u sell that 7600GT you had in adverts?

Long time ago....I have a 6600 vanilla for sale now but to be honest its

a)no better then the x800se i sold you before and
    b)not a whole lot better then a 7300le :D

7300le is more then sufficent for vista though if that's your actual concern...

ah jaysus mobile .. where do I pick up a bargain now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

zod wrote:
    Hey Havok did u sell that 7600GT you had in adverts?
    That same 7600GT is putting these words up on my screen as I type this.
    :)

duridian wrote:
    That same 7600GT is putting these words up on my screen as I type this.
    :)

ha, I should have never sold it - had to go out and settle for a 7600GS for another computer a few months later. Hindsight and all that though...:D

Advertisement