Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiting again today!

Options
  • 23-02-2007 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Have smoked about 25 cigarettes since I lapsed 9 days ago....going cold Turkey again today....but this time won't be avoiding pubs....I only stopped because I wasn't going out....going to continue to go out in small doses now...even if it's only an hour....staying in was bad for my mental health....starting to train for a 10k run....in April....making a few lifestyle changes....and I have enough obstacles at the moment without causing any further...hopefully this time I'll go the distance...heading out tonight for 2 or 3 bottles of beer....wish me well!...Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭Archeron

Best o luck to you. Its well worth the initial hardship. I found going to the pub when I was just off them wasnt too bad as long as I was well away from the smoking area, and I couldnt smell them. Sadly, the pub I went to at the time allowed people to smoke in the back room, which didnt help as the smell of them is mighty powerful. I stopped going to that pub as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Best of luck.
    At least you are making an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Hey good luck and keep trying, have you tried allen carrs book?, plently of motivation in there.
    Off them four days myself now, so far it hasn't been as difficult as I expected.

Advertisement