Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Audio problem

• 23-02-2007 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've got a new PC Build and i've installed Vista Home premium (32bit version).

I have a TV tuner card installed. Its a MSI TV@anywhere plus.
    This card has a connection on the rear that has an audio jack that is required to be connected to the line in audio connection (on my mobo in this case).

I have the drivers installed and I can see the Live video of the terrestrial channels i'm picking up. However, I cannot hear audio.

I know the hardware is all working as the TV Tuner software is showing pictures, and if i connect the audio jack form the card to my monitor's built in speakers i can hear the audio.

cool .. so maybe a problem with the mobo's line in socket i thought.

But I now know the line in hardware is working too because i can record the TV and set the capturing software to use the line in for audio. When i play back the captured playback i have picture and the audio.

My problem appears to be trying to setup Vista to send the line-in audio signal out to the speakers while i'm watching the TV card. But the audio mixer doesn't have any controls for the line in socket.

I've tried every possible sound setting i can find in the control panel and i cannot get this damn thing to work. Vista tells me the audio drivers are all up to date.

This seems a limitation on listening to live "line in" audio. I think this problem also exists for the mic too, but i don't have a mic to test it. I've found websites discussing the problem of the mic, but no solutions.

Has anyone any ideas?

cheers,
    SOP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

oh yeah . .one other thing.

The tV tuner uses it's own software .The card works, but i've discovered that the Tuner is not recognised when i go into the media center, i get an error that no tv tuner was discovered.

This may be a driver issue after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The MSI TV@anywhere is not a supported media centre tuner you need ones which are specifically compatible with media centre.

As for the problem what kind of sound card do you have is it integrated audio as some drivers by the integrated audio companies have been released for Vista that may help solve the problem ?

It is Realtek HD audio ?

8T8 wrote:
    The MSI TV@anywhere is not a supported media centre tuner you need ones which are specifically compatible with media centre.

ahh, fair enough, the MSI card was a cheap last minute add on so no big deal. I'll invest in a decent compatible card sometime in the future.
    As for the problem what kind of sound card do you have is it integrated audio as some drivers by the integrated audio companies have been released for Vista that may help solve the problem ?

It is Realtek HD audio ?

Yes, the audio is integrated on my gigabyte GA-965G-DS3 mobo. From reading the spec it is indeed Realtek HD audio. I've just found the gigabyte drivers page and i'll download the latest Vista compatible realtek driver.

I didn't suspect the audio drivers considering that audio works for capturing, but it's worth a go, i've found gigabytes latest audio files and i'm grabbing it down here in work to bring home. It's a real pain to be doing this sort of stuff with a ****ty dial up connection at home!

cheers 8t8. . i'll see how i get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Don't bother with Gigabytes version it is probably not up to date as realtek released a new build of Vista HD audio drivers only yesterday R1.60 so it is worth a shot trying those instead.

wooo .. thanks again dude.

• Advertisement

8T8 wrote:
    Don't bother with Gigabytes version it is probably not up to date as realtek released a new build of Vista HD audio drivers only yesterday R1.60 so it is worth a shot trying those instead.

downloaded that driver and it's working perfectly now.

Thanks 8T8!! :)

Advertisement