Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web hosting with shell access?

Options
  • 23-02-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I have been looking around for Irish web hosts with shell access. What im trying to find out is if the likes of hosting 365 and blacknight provide shell access as standard with accounts?

Based on their websites I cant find any real detail on standard packages. I know some proved UML and virtual servers.

Am I missing somthing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Hi Jason,

You can request shell acess through your H365 control panel, however there is a limit on the amount of time you have access.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Cool thanks Sposs. Hope you dont mind me asking but what kind of time limits are in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Jason

You can request access from us and there are no time limits ie. once it's on it's on :)

We just ask people to read our AUP and take responsibility for the privilege of having ssh access

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ohh, I have access on 365, but didn't know it's time limited.

Might have a look at bk, before I start running that ircd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

zabbo wrote:
    Might have a look at bk, before I start running that ircd ;)

You wouldn't get very far with that on our shared network :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We dont tend to limit or restrict access, irc traffic is filtered at our border and core routers so wont work I'm afraid :) But ssh is handy for trouble shooting and fixes, etc :)

HTH, Stephen

Advertisement