Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Periodic lag?

Options
  • 23-02-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Everytime I play Bf2 I get a huge lag spike almost periodically, they range in between 15-30 seconds, they happen so much to the point where the game isn't playable because anytime I get into a firefight I get killed because of this stupid lag (but no one would believe me if I told them that :rolleyes: ) I don't think this has anything to do with my rig because I run bf2142 on higher settings with none of these annoying spikes, any suggestions / ideas on what this could be?

I'm running over a gig of ram, 3.3ghz dualcore intel processer, NVidia GeForce 6600 256mb, I run bf2 on medium settings with 100% drawing distance and 800x600 resolution - I've tried on low but makes no difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

Manefesto wrote:
    Everytime I play Bf2 I get a huge lag spike almost periodically, they range in between 15-30 seconds, they happen so much to the point where the game isn't playable because anytime I get into a firefight I get killed because of this stupid lag (but no one would believe me if I told them that :rolleyes: ) I don't think this has anything to do with my rig because I run bf2142 on higher settings with none of these annoying spikes, any suggestions / ideas on what this could be?

I'm running over a gig of ram, 3.3ghz dualcore intel processer, NVidia GeForce 6600 256mb, I run bf2 on medium settings with 100% drawing distance and 800x600 resolution - I've tried on low but makes no difference.

i was getting this with a firewall and anti spam virus software that i had , uninstall it and it worked fine lag disappeared

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just turnoff the firewall and anti-virus and give it a go.

Also try updating punkbuster manually (google it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Manefesto

The only firewalls I have is windows firewall(which bf2 is already an exception) and bit defenders firewall and I never have that running when I game, also I have Spysweeper running but that doesn't have any sort of firewall that I know about so I don't think that would effect it at all.

Advertisement