Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Darts Tournament

• 23-02-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Any word when the next tourney is on??? the last one was great crack. How about 1 a month?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Glad you liked the last one MBC. We had a few problems but that was to be expected since it was the first one.

I havent really thought about when the next one is going to be. One a month might be a bit too much as we have to organise venues and boards etc. but one every two months is certainly doable.

Ill try get one going sometime in March if that suits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

The Silver Tassie said they would be happy to host it again and it seemed to be a popular venue. I think we would need 3 or 4 boards set up rather than the 2 we had last time.

How about aiming for the Saturday 31 March? Its football internationals the week before and easter bank holiday the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im in amsterdam that weekend representing Ireland in the annual blindmans bluff competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Who won the last time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A guy called Anto O Neill won the last time. Sadly I didnt win.

You interested in playing in the next one Shane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I'd be very interested in actually finding a dart board in Dublin !!

I am free every weekend in March with the exception of Saturday March 31st. I am free Sunday April 1st as well.

Would I dare say that an April Fools would be an interesting name to a dart tourney ?? lol

I dont think that I would be gud enough to play in this, maybe some-other time Kingp35:D:D:D

Well what is your average Shane? There were players of all standard at the last tournament and its not about who wins it, its a bit of fun. Will help you practice in a tournament format with a bit of pressure on you. If dont feel up to it then thats cool but your welcome to come along if you want.

Last time i got my average it was something like 22.45, i usually play 3 legs of 501 and then get the average..

Well you can only get better with practice mate so if you wanna play then do. Dont worry how good you are. These tournaments are to help you get better.

Nothing has been decided for sure about the next tournament anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kingp35, I might attend, Just to let know you know, I after playing 3 legs of 501 and ended with an average of 38.68, so thats a good sign..:D:D

Thats a decent average Shane, you would give some guys a good game with an average like that. Keep working on it and you will get better.

Shane, I used to throw seven days per week. I haven't thrown in over a year at the moment and would be lucky to hit the wall.

That's not meant a a joke either. I have zero depth perception and have always thrown by repetition and feel !! So something like this is going to be very interesting for me after not throwing for so long.

I have shot against players of every level imaginable and I have been beaten by every sort of player imaginable !! lol

If my work schedule allows me to be there when it happens, then I will definitelty make every effort to be there.

You'll do fine. The only way to get better is to keep throwing.

Thanks guys, what would your average be around?

Mine would be around the 50 mark at the moment. Im too inconsistant. Ill hit a 140 and follow it with a 26. Hopefully practice will get rid of that for me.

I know what you mean, I get that a lot aswell. Have you ever hit a 180?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    The Silver Tassie said they would be happy to host it again and it seemed to be a popular venue.

Might be a good idea to alternate this tournament around?. Somewhere in the Northside of the city this time perhaps?.

Is there a link with reports etc of the first tournament that took place?.

Is it me or does this seem to not have the interest that the last one did ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Well i hope to be there and may also have a mate aswell.

Don't really like this northside Idea though :D - the silver tassie is about 20 mins away from me:p

Is it me or does this seem to not have the interest that the last one did ?

Well this isnt really an official thread. I have posted up an official thread now for people to post their suggestions on a date etc for the second tournament. Feel free to offer your suggestions in that thread.

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement