Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical supplier for 8 gang grid with dimmers?

Options
  • 23-02-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

My supplier has let me down on an 8 gang grid system and my 2nd fix for wiring is happening tomorrow so I'm a bit snookered.

I need to get an 8 gang grid system that consists of:
    1 x 8 module back box
    2 x 4 module grid frame
    1 x metal (brushed chrome preferably) 8 module face plate
    2 x mains voltage dimmer modules
    1 x 0-10volt dimmer module
    5 x 20 AMP DP TWO WAY switches

I've searched on the radionics site and they have a Supergrid 800 system but don't seem to sell dimmers for it. I've seen an MK Grid Plus system on UK sites that does have dimmers available, but I'd seriously appreciate any advice on where I could source this stuff in Dublin (I'm in work in Sandyford but could duck out, girlfriend is off and based in Crumlin so could get it if it's not too intimidating a supplier for her to brave) today, or tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

NEW in Sandyford are MK stockists.
    I don't think you'll get a 0-10v pot to fit, you will have to mount one on a blank module, which may end up taking more than one space on the grid.
    Also you need a switch for the fluorescents as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks for that Hoagy

Advertisement