Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhantomFM Live Streams

Options
  • 23-02-2007 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

It's been quite some time since I attempted to use the live streams. I started using the Winamp stream last night and I foudn that it was great quality, I even had my friend in Tel Aviv tuned in so that we could discuss the merits of the Irish music industry.

Problem is, I can't tune in while in work. My fear is that because the stream requires a connection to port 8040, that I will not be able to. Any chance this could be redirected to a well-known http port instead?

yours in radio silence,
    cthulu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

cthulu wrote:
    I even had my friend in Tel Aviv tuned in so that we could discuss the merits of the Irish music industry.

I thought I saw a text claiming to be from Israel last night at the end of the show!

Brian is the man to talk to about the stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cthulu

catch--22 wrote:
    I thought I saw a text claiming to be from Israel last night at the end of the show!

Brian is the man to talk to about the stream!

Yeah, she sent a text, I also asked for Leonard Cohen for her. I'm spreading Phantom far and wide as best I can ;)

Thx for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

cthulu wrote:
    Hi,

It's been quite some time since I attempted to use the live streams. I started using the Winamp stream last night and I foudn that it was great quality, I even had my friend in Tel Aviv tuned in so that we could discuss the merits of the Irish music industry.

Problem is, I can't tune in while in work. My fear is that because the stream requires a connection to port 8040, that I will not be able to. Any chance this could be redirected to a well-known http port instead?

yours in radio silence,
    cthulu

Hi, we've checked this out and it seems to be something that is preset by our streaming provider and outside of our control.

Advertisement