Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig Moments

• 23-02-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Any time he wrestled Bret Hart was an absolute treat. Its hard to say which of their matches was better, the one at Summerslam '91 or at King of the Ring '93.

Probably my favorite moment was at Survivor Series '92 when he returned to the ring and turned good teaming with Savage against Flair and Ramon. He was the kinda guy that was a really good bad guy but when his turn came, you were dieing to cheer him also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't watch the WWF while he was there in the early 90's, but I saw a lot of his stuff before he returned at the Rumble 5 years ago. That was a really big moment in my mind, and he made it down to the final 4, I was rooting for him to win, although I was sure HHH would

It's been a while since I saw his match against Bret at Summerslam, but I watched their KOTR match just a couple of weeks ago, and that was an amazing match. I'd probably put that down as my favourite, it was just so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Probably my favorite moment was at Survivor Series '92 when he returned to the ring and turned good teaming with Savage against Flair and Ramon. He was the kinda guy that was a really good bad guy but when his turn came, you were dieing to cheer him also.

They have that match up on Youtube and the promos before it are all brilliant. Perfect cuts a great babyface promo in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-st_A92DWcU

My fav moment is probably the match he had with Bret at Summerslam as Bret has said Hennig was hurting prior to that match yet he still put on a really great bout.

Who do you all think should induct Curt Hennig? I think it will be either Heenan or Flair. Ric Flair would probably be my choice. (Well Bret really but that won't happen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Id say it will either be Larry Hennig or Flair. Larry appears in alot of WWE's DVD's and the Father/son thing seems to be a trend in the HOF. That being said, lets hope Goldust doesn't induct Dusty!

My personal favourite Perfect match was against Bret at Summerslam.

^ That footage with Heenan is classic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'd say Heenan will induct him and his dad will accept the award.

His loser leaves Raw match with Flair was great too.

Also when he had a run against Hogan in the late '80s was special if only for wacky bumps he took.

It probably will be Heenan who inducts him I think. Dusty Rhodes son is inducting him I heard, but it's Cody Runnels, who wrestles in OVW at the moment. Dustin might be doing it too though, I forget what I heard there

I'll check that match out later for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

throwing a football,running the lenght of the pitch and catching it before it hits the ground,classic promo

I was just watchin that one, so cheesy, I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/v/rLILgmyKcaM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

krudler wrote:
    throwing a football,running the lenght of the pitch and catching it before it hits the ground,classic promo

Thats my favorite moment aswel. I don't remember many of his matches tbh, but I've never forgotten that promo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Minto wrote:
    . I don't remember many of his matches tbh,

I think that has more to do with the era than your memory. In the mid 1980's WWF wrestling was alot of times secondary particuliarly when the top 2 good guys were Hogan and Warrior. Thats not to say there weren't good matches but it wasn't the be all and end all like it maybe is today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I remember the Bret match alright and also when he was Flair's assistant, specifically after Hulk Hogan's defeat to the Undertaker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

krudler wrote:

When someone mentions curt hennig to me,thats the first thing I remember along with throwing the basketball through the loop while having his back to it.
    In terms of wrestling,his match with bret hart is my all time fav curt hennig match......
    God bless mr perfect.....RIP

Advertisement