Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarms and Monitored Alarms

Options
  • 23-02-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about House Alarms?
    costs/companys etc.

Who would be the best/cheapest in Limerick

can you get a bog standard system put in and then Later
    upgrade to make it a monitored one ?

I may have to try and save up to get an a monitored alarm system
    installed in my house. I dont know yet If that would mean a self monitored
    system or if I would be required to get a 3rd party monitored one.

I know eircom has a phone watch service but I am with Smart telecom and
    refuse to have anything to do with eircom.

At the moment I cannot afford anything at all but I am trying to research it
    or get a rough ball park figure as to how much ching ching cash I will
    need and my various options.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

your best bet is to ring a few of them, they'll come out and give you a free quotation, or do it over the phone, and answer all your questions..;)

i got one put in around 6 months ago...got a rake of quotes, found alot of them ridiculously expensive...a huge variation in price on the same equipment.

i'll PM you the my installers details later...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

hi there, if you are any way handy at DIY and i mean anyway you can put in alarm yourself. if you can wire a plug you can install a house alarm and if you go for a wirefree system its even easier but would be dearer then a hard wired system or else go for a system that can be wired and wirefree. i have installed my own and one in parents house and did not know a thing about alarms until i did a bit of reading on net. and i bought the alarms on the net from electrical supplier in england which of course did not rip me off like Rip of Ireland here.bought full high spec all top quality branded parts for alarm system for under 300 euro.. if you want anymore advise get back to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ronin2009

Hey yammagamma
    can you tell me what the website is you bought your alarm off?

thanks a mill

Advertisement