Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value a Rover 1.1L 1999 - Settle a bet!

Options
  • 23-02-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Ok we have a bet in here that one of the lads has incorrectly estimated his 1.1L Rover 211 with 90k miles in average condition is worth over €1,000.
    Yes if you check in CBG/Autotrader/Buy andSell/Carzone it may be the case.

Anyone care to give a proper estimation of value to settle a bet?

There is a lot of machinery can be had for €1000 so...
    I was thinking €200-€300:confused:

Oh it is important to note that it smells of dog & the CD player doesn't work, no alloys or hubcaps!

Is it worth more or less than €1000? 9 votes

More than €1,000
    0% 0 votes
    Less than €1,000
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Okay Okay - You drive a hard bargin, give me €300 and I'll take it off your hands!;)

I suppose it would be worth €1,000 in trade in. But, you'd get the best of that by just paying cash anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Assuming there's nothing seriously wrong with it and that it has a valid NCT, i'd imagine it would be worth €1,000 or thereabouts in a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

I reckon it could be worth more...
    2 months ago I sold my 98 rover 414 with 85K miles for 2500, to the first buyer!
    It had no NCT either....
    Garage said they would give me 1000 for it on a trade in, needless t osay I didnt take it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rover 211.........90k miles...........1.1L...........Free to good home!!! Just kidding :D:D

I'd say €1500/€1800, possibly a wee bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Ok we have abet in here that one of the lads has incorrectly estimated his 1.1L Rover 211 with 90k miles in average condition is worth €1,000.
    Yes if you check in CBG/Autotrader/Buy andSEll/Carzone it may be the case.

Anyone care to give a proper estimation of value to settle a bet?

There is a lot of machinery can be had for €1000 so...

You lie like a dog ranter!!!.

Its in Good condition,. Funny how only the other week you used CBG and carzone to get an idea of a guideline price for a car, now you (and that flynn fella chose to ignore whats staring you both in the face!! and say its not an indication for my "car".

Very selective!!

Wexfordman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pgtipz

Is this the same Rover 211 with the 'added extra' dog hair seat covers ?
    If so throw in the dog and I'll take it off your hands for €50 - if you don't mind seeing it used as a kennel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rover 100 is the car that just scraped a one star rating in the first Euro NCAP tests. I would'nt buy one! However those who don't know or care about such matters might pay a grand for one.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mike65 wrote:
    Rover 100 is the car that just scraped a one star rating in the first Euro NCAP tests. I would'nt buy one! However those who don't know or care about such matters might pay a grand for one.

Mike.

OP means the 200 model, not the Metro's descendent.
    Sad to see the Rover marque go by the wayside all the same. Back in the mid-90s they even had something of a renaissance...10 years later and theyre gone...:(

mfitzy wrote:
    OP means the 200 model, not the Metro's descendent.
    Sad to see the Rover marque go by the wayside all the same. Back in the mid-90s they even had something of a renaissance...10 years later and theyre gone...:(

So your telling me its a classic then :D
    Wexfordman

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:

But this is a Rover 211 ;)

@OP - in good condition with full NCT I'd say about €1500

• Advertisement

pgtipz wrote:
    Is this the same Rover 211 with the 'added extra' dog hair seat covers ?
    If so throw in the dog and I'll take it off your hands for €50 - if you don't mind seeing it used as a kennel...

Dog hairs add character and will not be charged extra ;)

I would'nt bloody mind only the things not even for sale!!!

Some idiot put a 1.1 in a 200 series? :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    Some idiot put a 1.1 in a 200 series? :eek:

It has the same power (60BHP) as a same year base Opel Astra 1.4. The Rover is a full second quicker (or should I say less slow) to 100km/h than that Astra

So its faster than an old 1.4 Golf then? I'll buy it! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pwalsh06

i would value it at 5,000 - 10,000 euro because it is 1999 and it has a tiny engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Grand little car for a grand if it was tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you don't have a crash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bought a 99 Rover 414 with 60k for 500 today......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

somebody thinks it's worth 2.3 k

kadjingg

colm_mcm wrote:
    bought a 99 Rover 414 with 60k for 500 today......
    It's not quite the same thing when you take it as a trade-in though, is it?;)

• Advertisement

not a trade in ;) nobody wants those 1.4's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

where does ur friend has his for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

peasant wrote:
    somebody thinks it's worth 2.3 k

kadjingg

Someone else reckons closer to €4k http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=583171

Gotta love Carzone! the optimism in there is uplifting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

all them carz on carzone are on mail steelers fourcourts,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Taking it a step further, if you had €1000 to spend (along the lines of a Top Gear challenge) would you fork out for a Rover 211 or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No such thing as, I presume you mean, a Rover main stealer, old boy.

The most optimistic sellers tend to be female and naive IMHO.
    Taking it a step further, if you had €1000 to spend (along hte lines of a Top Gear challenge) would you fork out for a Rover 211 or something else?

A pensioner owned late nineties low mileage Rover 400, to which I would have fitted/fit myself an uprated head gasket with the shrapnel.

Might even stretch to three months tax and a valet, if I'm lucky.

Taking it a step further, if you had €1000 to spend (along hte lines of a Top Gear challenge) would you fork out for a Rover 211 or something else?
    That poll won't help you with your bet, you need to make one option €300 and the other €1,000. My advice is to pay up and take it on the chin. Everybody's wrong sometimes.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anan1 wrote:
    That poll won't help you with your bet, you need to make one option €300 and the other €1,000. My advice is to pay up and take it on the chin. Everybody's wrong sometimes.;)

As long as it's decided t's less than €1,000 I'm to the good. I didn't specifically say that it was worth €300 (that was just an after-thought here, just said it's not worth €1,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

So he reckoned its worth around a grand and you reckon less than half that, yet feel you can pull some sort of victory if its worth 999 because it falls into the sub €1k price bracket and therefore feel it comes closer to your valuation? YOu lost the arguement, fair and square.

Advertisement