Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Xboxes One Ethernet Cable

• 23-02-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I have an old xbox and a xbox 360 and what i want to do is make the two xboxes work off the same ethernet cable is there some sort of small router i can get and hook the ethernet cable into it and then two ethernet cables coming out from the "some sort of router" into the two xboxes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Get two cables and a router with more than one ethernet socket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is That all i need to do i dont have to set up any new connections on my pc or open any ports or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

There are "2 to 1" Ethernet adapters - rare as hen's teeth, though (can't even find a pix on Google :eek: )

Basically, it's got 2 RJ45 female sockets at one end of a small plastic box, and a 2" length of CAT-5 with a male RJ45 coming out of the box at the other end.

Chanced across one of these years ago, have treasured it ever since (Godsend when only 1 free router/LAN port and 2 PCs need connection). Obviously enough, the xboxes or PCs connected to it can't "see one another" (there's no crossover between the two female inputs).

I'll try and take a pic and upload it later tonight, and look up any manufacturer/part no. for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

ambro25 wrote:
    There are "2 to 1" Ethernet adapters - rare as hen's teeth, though (can't even find a pix on Google :eek: )

Basically, it's got 2 RJ45 female sockets at one end of a small plastic box, and a 2" length of CAT-5 with a male RJ45 coming out of the box at the other end.

i wa in maplin bout 2 weeks ago and they had these for 3 euro i tink i t was. for sum stupid reason i never pikd it up and i need 1 now

Advertisement