Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allofmp3.com - Whats the story with it

Options
  • 23-02-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently discovered the allofmp3.com site. Dirt cheap music. But there is some sort of $10 charge or something. Anybody know what this is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i thought it was closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

No idea what the $10 charge is about, been using it for years, excellent service.

Download the alltunes program for it, auto downloads the files, names them and puts them in directories all according to your preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can't top up my balance on the site anymore because their credit/debit card system isn't working. I tried topping up using All Tunes but even though they say they accept Visa/MasterCard, they really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i thought it was closed down
    I can't top up my balance on the site anymore because their credit/debit card system isn't working. I tried topping up using All Tunes but even though they say they accept Visa/MasterCard, they really don't.

guys, have you actually tried it recently?

It works fine for me. Just topped up 10 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I think I'd prefer to just outright steal an artist's music rather than paying some Russian to do it for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭crybaby

yes but some artists music is harder to get than others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

quarryman wrote:
    guys, have you actually tried it recently?

It works fine for me. Just topped up 10 mins ago.

How in the hell were you able to top up? I tried just now and AllTunes won't accept my card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I was topping up with Xrost cards to circumvent the VISA issue but the Xrost site has been disabled for days now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

ive topped up 3 times in the last month with my mastercard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I topped up twice last night with my Mastercard-works perfect.

I've a mac so can't use Alltunes unfortunatly.
    Have to use a freeware program which isn't half as good but it gets the done done

• Advertisement

???

I have just checked allofmp3.com again and they are still not accepting credit card payments. You are told to go to Alltunes and they don't provide VISA or Mastercard (only JCB?) as an option when you click through.

AFAIK, this has been the case for ages. This is why I have been using XROST vouchers.

How are you managing to make Mastercard payments? :confused:

micmclo wrote:
    I topped up twice last night with my Mastercard-works perfect.

I've a mac so can't use Alltunes unfortunatly.
    Have to use a freeware program which isn't half as good but it gets the done done

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

From wiki :
    Payment methods

Due to action taken in late 2006 by Visa and MasterCard[2][3] to prevent users making payments to AllOfMP3, it has become increasingly difficult for users to fund their accounts.

For some time after the ban was put in place, it was possible to fund an AllOfMP3 account using 'prepaid iCards' purchased from Xrost, but this facility was removed in February 2007. At present, the only way to make payments to AllOfMP3 is by JCB card at its Chronopay processor, or MasterCard at 'e-centru' (this option is available to customers depending on their IP address and physical location).

It *is* possible to use Mastercard but have no idea if it works for everyone (it did for me about 5 minutes ago).

Guys, sorry for the Q's.

Do you mean you simply redirected to e-centru when making a normal balance refill / credit card payment, depending on a location or IP?

I'm in Dublin but I just get directed to chronopay (JCB credit card payment only) here as before.

Oh well. :(
    Ponster wrote:
    From wiki :

It *is* possible to use Mastercard but have no idea if it works for everyone (it did for me about 5 minutes ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

noise elsewhere on the net suggests some people can use mastercard, others cannot and only have the useless JCB option. seems to be random.

maybe someone who can use mastercard could buy some gift vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You could try gomusic.ru instead, it's the same idea. Used to be call mp3search.ru.

gomusic accepts Visa alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 damien79

Is Gomusic.ru safe to use. Has anyone any experience with them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As safe as allofmp3 it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

mp3stor.ru

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Gomusic.ru works fine and has a good collection of stuff. It's probably in the same rocky legal boat as allofmp3.com though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I suppose as accounts empty the site will eventually choke as noone can top up credit it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭crybaby

yup looks like allofmp3.com is dead now really and gomusic is the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Using sites like allofmp3 and gomusic is silly. It is not legal, its stealing music. I used to use gomusic but quit. It is just as easy downloading albums as torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

hallelujah wrote:
    Using sites like allofmp3 and gomusic is silly. It is not legal, its stealing music. I used to use gomusic but quit. It is just as easy downloading albums as torrents.

and using torrents IS legal and NOT stealing music?!?!?

i take yer point mind, if you're gonna say a big 'fcuk you' to the, say, Arctic Monkeys and download the new album illegally, then why the hell should some crowd of cowboys get any of your money; go torrents and pay nowt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

and using torrents IS legal and NOT stealing music?!?!?

...go torrents and pay nowt!

Technically speaking, using torrents is not illegal if what you download is not covered by copyright protection. However, 99% of material downloaded in this way is protected, so its nasty and unfair and you shouldn't do it. Using Russian downlaod sites is more or less the same thing, with the added bonus being that you let them steal your money in return for stealing someone else's music!

Advertisement