Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pile of earth/stones

Options
  • 23-02-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the 2 huge piles of stones and mud are beside the creche? (Puroga - beside superquinn)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

not 100% sure, but I think they most probably are 2 huge piles of stones and mud :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

MuffinsDa wrote:
    not 100% sure, but I think they most probably are 2 huge piles of stones and mud :p
    I tried so hard not to post that reply!

I'd not even noticed them before. Now I have to go see them!

Perhaps as President, I should climb the taller of the two and claim them for Charlesland?

Our tiny nation is only 1 day old, yet still we have annexed two piles of stones and mud! We need living space!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Mike you can design our flag and compose our anthem while you're at it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Perhaps as President, I should climb the taller of the two and claim them for Charlesland?

If you fall and/or graze your knees as you ascend to the peak, I'll have some band aid's for you

Signed

Minister for Health

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I wouldn't risk putting up a flag - you'll be petitioned to near death within seconds.

• Advertisement

Minister for Environment Astrofluff can rush through the relevant planning.

Eoin, you're VP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I don't mean any disrespect to the validity of the original question, but ............the subsequent exchange gave me one of the best laughs I have had all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Minister for Environment Astrofluff can rush through the relevant planning.

Eoin, you're VP.

Oh :( sounds like work. How about village idiot and/or drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Does anyone know what the 2 huge piles of stones and mud are beside the creche? (Puroga - beside superquinn)

There were piles of something around Charlesland a few Saturdays ago but I checked and this is a different pile.

Rezoning from parking to mud piles, has been agreed subsequent to Councillors consulting with a Charlesland resident, an attendee at the creche apparently, who's "ga ga" was taken as approval.

No objections were received and therefore 100% of Greystones approve of the mud pile. The stones which form about 3% of the structure may be removed to keep everyone happy and ensure a smooth passage of the planning application. ;)

Actually! The creche are putting in paving or concrete around the side and this mud pile is a temporary structure which should be gone tomorrow or Monday.

eoin_s wrote:
    Oh :( sounds like work. How about village idiot and/or drunk?
    Dan Quayle can be your inspiration...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

I was out walking myself on Saturday morning and tripped over one of the stones, breaking a nail...where do I submit my claim?
    :o
    Mike,
    Will all animals have equal rights in your new Republic? It's just that I really don't trust cats and although all aminals are equal, some are more equal than others

As in animal farm, the Pigs will reign supreme over all animals, however that is what the cats want us to think.

Our fledgling state will not entertain frivilous compensation claims, as my (newly appointed) Minister for Justice Marcais will attest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Thanks to Saturday night live for all your responses.

Good news is that the 2 piles have gone and Marcais you have hit the nail or pile of stones on the head stating the purpose of the mystery piles!

Heres to another busy week for you folk!

Advertisement