Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't find VRT Rates on a TVR

Options
  • 23-02-2007 3:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A mate of mine wants to bring in a TVR from the UK. He wants to find out how much the VRT wil be but TVR's are not mentioned on the VRT website.

It is a 1997 R TVR CHIMAERA 4.0 2 Door Convertible.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Many cars are not listed on the VRT site. Only option is to ring your local VRO. See here for a list of all of them and their contact details:

Under section 3 click on the VRO location finder

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes your mate will have to ring the VRO for a quote on a rare car like a TVR. Then watch them pull a random figure from the sky, mulitply it by 2 and add 12 for good luck to arrive at the OMSP.

bazz26 wrote:
    Yes your mate will have to ring the VRO for a quote on a rare car like a TVR. Then watch them pull a random figure from the sky, mulitply it by 2 and add 12 for good luck to arrive at the OMSP.

LOL :D

BTW I've added the link to the VRO contact details to the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unkel wrote:
    LOL :D

BTW I've added the link to the VRO contact details to the charter
    You might also add that they never, ever answer the phone.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

A few TVR gurus popped up in this thread. Perhaps pm one of them for assistance? :)

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    You might also add that they never, ever answer the phone.;)

There are fax numbers and email addresses as well. Don't give up just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

You'd want to tell your friend to be careful. They're not made any more and have a bad reputation despite looking nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Ringing the vro is the only option. Once they quote ask for a written confirmation and that's usually valid for about 3 months i think. Tvr's are an excellent car, i wouldn't listen to anyone downing them unless they have had first hand experiance of owning them ;)

Advertisement